BrickTop
weird user identification troubles
  • 2005/6/20 13:25

• BrickTop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/14

hi there all,

I'm having some weird troubles with a couple of client accounts.
They're able to identify themselves and get into their personal control pannel, but once they try to get into any other modules (news, downloads, forum) the classic "no authorized access" is shown to them. Now this isn't an account limitation as that was the first thing to check out. They belong to Member's Group and other people belonging to same group have no problems whatsoever. Moreover funny thing is that when I log in using their accounts from my station no problems arises . I can browse all the modules as if there was no issues. I checked their IPs and they're not banned neither in my XOOPS configs neither from my hosting company. I recreated the accounts for them and the problem still persists. Now if I put this to over their internet connections and their ISPs that won't stand because they can easily use another site which is a clone of the "problem site" under the same hosting company, just in a different subdomain. Problem persists in different browser with/cithout cleared cache and cookies.
No changes were done to the site since the last time they sucessfully logged on.
This is a really messy situation and I'm really clueless. A truly sitting duck in front of my boss speechless about the causes.

Anyone has run through the same issue and found a solution to it?
I would really really appreciate if anyone would start arguing with me on this one coz really I'm talking to meself right now and that isn't going to lead me anywhere.

Thanks

BrickTop
Re: weird user identification troubles
  • 2005/6/22 14:00

• BrickTop

• Just popping in

Any living form out there?
Or maybe should I let me hopes down and swith to another form of CMS

xeroso
  • 2005/7/13 22:43

• xeroso

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/14

I have the same trouble.
Even the administrator, after the login, every section he enters the message "you are not authorized to see this page" comes. Sometimes a new login can solve the problems, but sometimes can't.

In my pc at home it never has occured, but when I moved the XOOPS site to a Internet PHP hoster it happened. What the heel is it?

BrickTop
  • 2005/7/20 11:47

• BrickTop

• Just popping in

Sorry to bring this up again but I'm really in desperate need of feedback from crew or XOOPS developers. The problem I decribed before might be a simple bug and maybe I'm the first one having it. If that it's not the case I would REALLY appreciate if someone would give some input here.
Honestly I'm trying to be calm in this end but the situation it being agrevated and members getting upset. Been days and week I'm trying to find a solution but this goes out of my reach. The only remedy remains reinstalling everything and that's out of question.
I'm not begging for you to sort out my problem from A to Z. Just asking for some input so I can figure out what's wrong with the way I'm trying to sort out this mess

Thanks a lot

Mithrandir

Are we talking XOOPS errors or webserver errors here?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

BrickTop
  • 2005/7/20 12:00

• BrickTop

• Just popping in

Thanks for the heads up Mithrandir

I can't say it is a webserver error because in my end I can easily log in my XOOPS installation using the credential of the users who are having issues.

Funny thing is that 3 days ago I recreated an account for one of them it worked for 2 days and last night I get an email saying me it stopped working. No changes to the site in the meantime. It's like the XOOPS kicks them in the balls time to time and says, "I don't want your face in here piggie" lol

Mithrandir

I meant, what does 'the classic "no authorized access" is shown to them' mean?

XOOPS does not send any other headers than 202/OK and 301/302 for redirections, so if you are getting Error 50x or similar responses, it may be caused by XOOPS, but is more likely to be a server configuration issue.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

BrickTop
  • 2005/7/20 12:15

• BrickTop

• Just popping in

Sorry I didn't gave the exact message. It is the classic restriction access message : "Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area" as if they were denied access to some of the modules (forum, downloads etc)
In fact the users that are having troubles, are random ones, they all belong to the default Members user group, group that has all the rights to access the areas I mentioned before

EDIT: and yes they can log in and identify themselves. Just it is like XOOPS thinks they aren't. No overheads on the users table (using phpMyAdmin) and the user with problems are well existant in the database.

BrickTop
  • 2005/7/21 8:46

• BrickTop

• Just popping in

hmmm total black out again :(
Saruman the White had you Mithrandir?

Mithrandir

They are not being logged out for some reason, are they?
Cookies not being saved?

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits