nr152522
Notification Options in AMS and Top Page News Summaries
  • 2005/7/19 18:33

• nr152522

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/19

Hi All,

I have been using XOOPS for a couple of days now and it great! Definately the best CMS I have used so far,...

I do have a couple of questions though, I hope you can help me.

I am using AMS to display news at the moment,...

Now I would like to display all my news articles in a block and have it update automatically with the latest news giving a complete summary not just a list of the title.....something along the lines of http://maxconsole.net/. Obviously not the theme, just the idea of the method the news is listed.

Another thing,...How do I disable the notification options ("Active Notification" section) that are displayed underneathe the news when you display a specific article (by clicking "read more"),....I think it looks too messy and I would ideally like to remove this as I have no use for it.

Thanks in advance
Nav>

Mithrandir
Re: Notification Options in AMS and Top Page News Summaries

for the first problem, can't you use the AMS module as front page? Or the Spotlight block?

You can disable the notifications completely for the module, in the AMS module's preferences.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

nr152522
Re: Notification Options in AMS and Top Page News Summaries
  • 2005/7/19 22:05

• nr152522

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/19

Excellent, thanks for your reply,...I completely missed the disable notifications in AMS preferences :|

Also, I currently set up 2 spotlights but i have to manually select the latest articles for the front page,....

If I make the main page AMS I guess I can still add the other blocks I need, so i will give that a go....

Again, thanks for your help,....so good,....long live XOOPS

Nav>

Login

Who's Online

505 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 505

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits