Phatbloke
Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4 Beta
  • 2005/7/12 0:59

• Phatbloke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/22

Hi
As you may or maynot know xcgal is a port of coppermine v1.1. I love this module and was eagerly awaiting development. Alas it did not come. I heard a rumour that coppermine 1.4 would bridge to xoops. They were right and i have it running great in XOOPS using all the users etc.

The only problem is i cannot seem to figure out how to add the standard XOOPS theme from my site to it so that i have the menus and other blocks so that the page flows.

If anyone else have been playing or would like to have a play please let me know. I would really love to get this running flawlessly with my XOOPS themes.

If you do have a go there is one bug fix already to get the bridge going as outlined on this page
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/board/index.php?topic=19674.0

pdajunkee
Re: Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4 Beta
  • 2005/7/12 3:05

• pdajunkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/3 2

Wow, great news! xcgal is my favourite photo gallery mod. XOOPS Gallery runs a close second for me.

Can't wait for this to come out of Beta.

Was it easy to setup?

FYI for other users clicking on the link you provided, I think you will need to register with their site to read the posting.

Phatbloke
  • 2005/7/12 4:22

• Phatbloke

• Just popping in

Yeah it was simple.

Basiclly besides the bug fix indicated in the above post it was a matter of uploading the files to a new dir in you module folder (or where ever you please)

Installing normally as a fresh install

Completing the bridge manager wizard which asks a couple XOOPS questions

all done.

I have managed to apply a static theme to my photo gallery but still no luck with making it a proper one using XOOPS blocks etc.

You can view this at

Home Page
http://jason.designbase.co.nz/
Coppermine Gallery
http://jason.designbase.co.nz/modules/cpg141/

Note the gallery is rather empty at the moment as i have not migrated everything from xcgallery. Will probably copy them manually rather than risking a muck up trying to copy them from xcgal

pegasus00321

So whens a stable version going to come out?
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

Phatbloke
  • 2005/7/18 5:50

• Phatbloke

• Just popping in

Well....
Its like any product in beta, they don't know, once all the bugs get ironed out. I must say there are one or 2 small bugs to sort out to get it going but once you have fixed them it is fine as far as i have noticed. Completely usable and with lots of great features compared to any other gallery module. It is fine for what i need it for, but i wouldn't trust it on a production site though.

I'm still having issues with the themes if anyone else had had a play with it.

morris
  • 2005/7/18 19:56

• morris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/25

Phatbloke,

How did you manage to include coppermine in your XOOPS block. What (html?) code did you use.
Can you give an example.

Morris,
the Netherlands

Phatbloke
  • 2005/7/18 20:31

• Phatbloke

• Just popping in

Hi Morris,

Unfortunatly I have not got it going properly. This is the "issues with themes" i mentioned. Basically coppermine supports themes much the same way that XOOPS does. I have managed to make a coppermine theme the same style as my XOOPS but all the blocks are static. The menus dont change unfortunatly its all just hard coded html.
The easiest way to do this was got "View source" on my main page of XOOPS and paste this into the template.html in the themes of coppermine. Changing it slightly of course to allow the coppermine codes.

Hopefully there is a way to use proper XOOPS code for the blocks etc but I'm not skilled enough with how XOOPS and coppermine works yet to work it out. I have tried a few ideas but without luck. This is the only downfall so far with the coppermine - XOOPS integration but im sure it will have a work around soon, if i keep at it i might make a break through.

morris
  • 2005/7/18 21:29

• morris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/25

Hi Phatbloke,

Thanks for the explanation.

The funny thing is, I use the same template!

I switched back to version 1.33 because I discovered also another annoying thing: xp_publish.php doesn't seem to work.

Morris.

highlander
  • 2005/7/18 21:47

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

What are the differences betwee coppermin 1.1 (xcgal) and 1.33 or 1.4 ??

Coppermine is a great piece of software and in the form of xcgal works really well with Xoops.

Greetings Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

simeon
  • 2005/7/18 23:17

• simeon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/18

did somebody try to updated from xcgal to coppermine1.4?
im looking forward to know whether its possible to update

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits