Cavan
Re: Newbb1 to Newbb2 upgrade problems
  • 2005/7/15 22:50

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

Why isn't linebreak enabled by default? I've never seen this setting in any forum or board anywhere...Anyway, I deleted that bit of code from the file because I didn't want users to be able to post HTML...do you have this or do I need to download everything again?
Cavan

Cavan
  • 2005/7/16 4:29

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

RE, the linebreak issue...I've added this code back to forumforminc.php:

$xcode_checkbox = new XoopsFormCheckBox('''doxcode'$doxcode);
$xcode_checkbox->addOption(1_MD_DOXCODE);
$options_tray->addElement($xcode_checkbox);

$br_checkbox = new XoopsFormCheckBox('''dobr'$dobr);
$br_checkbox->addOption(1_MD_DOBR);
$options_tray->addElement($br_checkbox);

The "problem" I face is being able to hide the checkboxes for both of these options---that's what I want to do but apparently my removing this code prevents either function from working. Why is showing these options/checkboxes even necessary?

On our site, there's no need for them to be visible and quite honestly, I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for not making these options hidden by default to begin with. I'm registered at several sites that use phpBB, Invision, etc, and not one of them have either of these options displayed. Then again, I'm no expert so I'm sure there's got to be some logic behind this. However, I know what I want and what I don't want on our site.

Could someone with more php knowledge help me with the correct "if" values (I think that's the right way to go) to hide these checkboxes, while leaving the functions intact? Please, I need to fix this. Thank you.
Cavan

Cavan
  • 2005/7/16 5:37

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Cavan wrote:
As per jdseymour's suggestion and help, I've updated to the latest CBB version. Everything looks good so far, but there are a few things that I need to remedy yet:

1. When replying to (or using 'quote') a post, the "bb code" doesn't work. I didn't have this issue with Newbb 1. <---Fixed, temporarily---see previous post

2. In the "Main" and "Forum Options" drop-down menus, I need to get rid of "CLICK" and "HOVER" but can't seem to find where to do this. <---Fixed

3. If I attempt post this exact same message (for example),
there's a word wrap problem---all the text runs together as if it's one large paragraph, rather than appearing the way it does here at this Xoop.org post. Again, I didn't have this issue with Newbb 1.<---Fixed, temporarily---see previous post

4. I also need to get rid of the "Send this post to a news story" link and image (that appears next to the PDF image) but can't find where to do this.<---Fixed

Any suggestions? Thank you.

No. 1 & 3 are obviously related (see previous post), so I'm stuck here.
Cavan

jdseymour

Cavan, some of these things as you mention that need to be fixed are only available to administrators. Only admins or moderators can use HTML if allowed in the module settings. I would suppose that it is possible that you do not see these options in other forums as you are not the administrator of those forums.

Cavan
  • 2005/7/16 5:52

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

I'd originally removed the code from the forumforminc.php so these checkboxes would not show, but doing that obviously causes an issue with the XOOPS Code and Line Break actually being functional. So, I added it back, and of course the checkboxes are back. However, I do not want the checkboxes to actually show, but I need the options/functions to remain.

The problems that remain are my need to hide the checkboxes, and the fact that the template number for the Forums templates is still showing as red in the Template Set Manager (even though the templates and module have been updated...

Other than this, everything looks good.

P.S. I am the only one with system admin rights (and database access), so that's not the problem (I think).
Cavan

jdseymour

The reason for the red showing in the templates, is a "bug" or mistake in packaging. There are 2 CSS files that are listed in the templates by accident. It will be fixed in the next version and causes no problem with functionality.

The checkboxes that the user does not have the rights to use will not be shown. Kind of like the only ones showing on this forum are:

Enable Smiley
Enable XOOPS Code
Attach Signature
Notify me of new posts in this thread

No post to news option, or HTML option.

HTH.

Cavan
  • 2005/7/16 6:03

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:

...It will be fixed in the next version and causes no problem with functionality.

The checkboxes that the user does not have the rights to use will not be shown...

1. Thanks for helping lay the template issue to rest.

2. I understand the access rights affecting what's shown and not shown---however, I need the XOOPS Code and Line Break options available for our users, but I do not want them to show. I know there's got to be a way to do this...
Cavan

jdseymour

I would suggest posting directly to the CBB Team's Web site for custom help such as that.

Cavan
  • 2005/7/16 6:12

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Okay, I'll check that out later...Thank you.

P.S. Do you know where in functions.php to change the default "since option" (for viewforum.php)? I thought I had it changed right but its not working.
Cavan

jdseymour

There is a setting for that in the module settings. I believe default is 100. Change it to 1000 for "From the Beginning"

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits