dean_collins
port redirection?

I posted this in the Q&A section but after 40 views I didn't get an answer so thought I would post here instead.

hi all,
Just a quick question, I need to run my linux server on port 81.

apart from changing the listening port on apache2 is there anything else I need to do?

as the photos in the default format aren't working.

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

DonXoop
Re: port redirection?

I don't know of any port specific issues in any URLs generated unless a 3rd pary module has a problem.

Are you redirecting a normal port 80 at the firewall or port 81 in and out? Either should work if Apache and XOOPS are configured right.

If the user's browser URL has the same base as in mainfile.php it should be fine no matter what port. But they should match.

And, what are you using to redirect?

More info might help.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

dean_collins
Re: port redirection?

I'm sorry you say Xoops/Apache should work work if configured right but I'm asking here "What it is I need to configure?"

As stated all I changed was the apache setting from 80 to 81.

The external users are accessing from port 81 because the internet names server (No-ip.com) are directing them to port 81 in the first palce and the SBS 2003 server is directing all port 81 traffic to a particular internal ip address.

the problems were urls for banners and the photos for gallery (I didn't check all however when I saw these two things were faulty).

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits