AlexA
Help with crazy problems...
  • 2005/7/15 18:15

• AlexA

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/15

Hi,

I've just been assigned the responsibility of maintaining http://www.manhattan-digital.com and http://www.eurosat.com by the company I'm working for. The guy that used to work here has been using XOOPS and so I've wanted to install it at home and master it before I make any changes to the online sites.

I run a Dual 2.3Ghz G5 at home and I've got XOOPS 2.0.13 kinda working on it. I'm using a fully updated 10.3.5 (Tiger). Before I installed XOOPS I installed MySQL 5.07 Beta, PHP 5.0.4 and phpMyAdmin to administer it.

Everything seemed to be working fine, all green lights on install, the standard XOOPS main page loading.

The next thing I did was install a module - the Partners one. This all seemed to work fine. However, when I go to Partners Administration it stops working properly. 'Add Partner' does not Add Partner, the Administration page just re-appears with this at the bottom (I have PHP Debug Mode on):

"Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file modules/xoopspartners/admin/index.php line 273"

I then installed the Sections Module. Entering a Section Name and pressing "Add Selection", however, does not work, it just reloads the samy page (with no error message).

I also installed the News Module. I can get to the News Configuration page, and from in there to the General Configuration page, but the Topics Manager and Post/Edit Articles just reload the General Configuration.

I downloaded the Eurosat website by FTP and got that running locally, I transferred the database using phpMyAdmin and the site loads up fine. But then I get exactly the same problem within all the modules, for example, in the Links Module I'm in the page "Web Links Configuration" and clicking on 'Add, Modify, and Delete Categories/Links" doesn't work, neither do any of the other links other than General Settings.

This seems to be a recurring theme. The settings link works for each module, but the other links do not.

I spoke to Demon Internet (our web provider) and they said they are running PHP 4.3.5 & MySQL 4.0.17... I was thinking of removing the newer versions and installing these.

I am at my wits end and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Alex.

jdseymour
Re: Help with crazy problems...

2 things I see that will cause you problems:

XOOPS itself will run with PHP 5, most modules will not, yet.

XOOPS has some problems with MySQL 4.1 series, so MySQL 5 is probably virtually untested with XOOPS.

I would suggest using PHP version 4.3.11 and MySQL 4.0x, probably better compatibility for your sites.

AlexA
Re: Help with crazy problems...
  • 2005/7/15 20:28

• AlexA

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/15

Out of curiousity, is there somewhere on the XOOPS website that recommends particular versions of PHP, SQL, etc?

I don't want to ever waste 2 days again trying to get something to work that's never going to!

Thanks,

Alex.[quote]

Login

Who's Online

410 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 410

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits