myspore
Please Review My Site (myspore.com)
  • 2005/7/10 22:42

• myspore

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/10

Hey All,

After a couple days work I have finally finished creating a custom theme/template set for my new website. I have tinkered with CMS systems like Drupal in the past - but this is my first time using XOOPS (and I am quite impressed!).

Anyways this site is/will be a community for a new Maxis game coming out next year called Spore, and can be found here:

http://myspore.com

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can make it more community oriented or inviting to new members.

Thanks,
John

wizanda
Re: Please Review My Site (myspore.com)
  • 2005/7/10 22:51

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Very simple, well laid out theme, i like the blocks looks very retro

Since you are a .com and alot of people use xp, You could add the www, then people can just click ctrl and enter for your address?
Edit the mainfile.php and add it, I think that works ok.

You could rearrange your menu, so it is in size order, so it looks smarter and is easier to read.

Good luck

jeffhope
Re: Please Review My Site (myspore.com)
  • 2005/7/23 0:08

• jeffhope

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/23

Hi John,

Nice looking site!

Total XOOPS newbie here. May I ask what module(s) you used on the front page to display your articles? Or if anyone knows, here's what I'd like to do.

Your URL says it's the news module, and that's what I'm using. I would like to be able to display the full content of my latest news articles on the front page just as you've done, but all I can get to show up is the linked article title.

I've tried a few searches on this forum but haven't hit the right combination yet.

Thank you,
Jeff

Login

Who's Online

687 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 687

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits