chrisx
Staying logged in.
  • 2005/7/6 16:41

• chrisx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/11

Has anyone had any trouble staying logged in?

My issue is: when I first visit the site, I log in, and I click forum or some other module to visit and when it loads I am not logged in anymore.

Ideas?

gediminasbyt
Re: Staying logged in.

Make sure you do accept cookies in your browser. And search the forums this question has been answered before.

gediminasbyt

Look here and here

Good luck.

beagle
  • 2005/7/6 19:11

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

I had the same problem, even after I did the things recommended by gediminasbyt.

If those suggestions don't work. Check your mainfile.php. At line 39 you should see something like:
define('XOOPS_URL''http://yoursite.com');

add the www.:

define('XOOPS_URL''http://www.yoursite.com');

That fixed it for me...

Beagle

gediminasbyt

Beagle:

In your DNS record you should have www.site.com and site.com and you should have a virtual site name set up properly with www.site.com and virtual name site.com then it should not matter. Still depends on how your users are accessing the site site.com or www.site.com because the cookie does not work for both. When you set up website you must be consistent and carefull where to enter www and where you should omit. It's all about DNS records.

chrisx
  • 2005/7/8 1:41

• chrisx

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help. I'm trying those things out and I will back if it doesn't work.

THANKS!

beagle
  • 2005/7/8 3:26

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

Quote:
In your DNS record you should have www.site.com and site.com and you should have a virtual site name set up properly with www.site.com and virtual name site.com then it should not matter. Still depends on how your users are accessing the site site.com or www.site.com because the cookie does not work for both. When you set up website you must be consistent and carefull where to enter www and where you should omit. It's all about DNS records.

My site is setup for both site.com and www.site.com. However I kept getting the same errors, until I made the change like listed above. Not sure why...it just worked.

gediminasbyt

Well, I'm glad it worked out. I've checked mine and it always has been on www.sitename.com. Must be a glitch somewhere...

chrisx
  • 2005/7/8 6:01

• chrisx

• Just popping in

Seems like the problem is now gone. Great!

One other thing:

Why does my "Who's Online" box always show some random guests online? When I log in I always see at least 1 guest if not 3 or 4. I doubt there really is anybody on the site because it was just launched yesterday. Any ideas?

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits