cwayne
newbb2.0.2 : IE Error - Access Deny on choosing editors
  • 2005/6/24 11:44

• cwayne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/25

I've just upgraded my system from newbb 1 to newbb 2.0.2 and also installed Koivi editor for WYSIWYG functions.

The new module's really great.
However, there're some problems on replying some posts with WYSIWYG editors.

First of all, there's no problem on creating a new post, not at all with either DHTML or Koivi.
However, on replying some posts, which seem to be mostly those ones that contained contents that were copied and pasted directly from other website, the choosing editor function's not working at all.
While the editor choice was set to be DHTML, changing it to Koivi's not working.
It just stuck on DHTML editor.
And vise versa, if it's set to be Koivi (I got only two editor choices set in the preference), you can't changed it to DHTML.

What is this problem ?

I noticed that on these pages, IE got some error messages while trying on changing the editor.
It's like this.

Quote:
Line: 348
Char: 57
Error: Access deny
Code: 0

I tried to find the line 348 and it's like this

<table width='100%' class='outer' cellspacing='1'><tr><th colspan='2'></th></tr><tr valign='top' align='left'><td class='head'>&#36984;&#25799;&#32232;&#36655;&#22120;</td><td class='even'><select  size='1' onchange="if(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value.length > 0 ){ forms['newbb_formtype'].submit() }" name='newbb_form' id='newbb_form'>

Mine is the traditional chinese language version downloaded from xoops.org.cn, so you might have some strange characters shown in the quoted code.
Those were chinese characters saying "Select the form editor: ".

I've tried search in the forums for similar problem post.
Checked the " enable HTML " setting in the preference as well.
But that doesn't help.

It's ok in creating and replying to some posts but just not those ones with direct copied and pasted web contents.

Anyone having any idea on solving this ?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

cheers,

wayne

cwayne
Re: newbb2.0.2 : IE Error - Access Deny on choosing editors
  • 2005/6/24 19:19

• cwayne

• Just popping in

just tried some other post tests.
and it seems that the error's not just occurring on replying those copied and pasted content posts.
some other posts had the same problem while being replied to -- the change editor function's not working and IE issued an error message on this code line

<table width='100%' class='outer' cellspacing='1'><tr><th colspan='2'></th></tr><tr valign='top' align='left'><td class='head'>&#36984;&#25799;&#32232;&#36655;&#22120;</td><td class='even'><select  size='1' onchange="if(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value.length > 0 ){ forms['newbb_formtype'].submit() }" name='newbb_form' id='newbb_form'>

the only thing that can be sure now is that the problem's not occuring while creating a new post.
changing editor choice from DHTML to Koivi and from Koivi to DHTML's working smoothly.

what could cause this problem ?
is there any special configuration I should made or is there any important step I might miss ?

wayne

cwayne
  • 2005/6/28 3:19

• cwayne

• Just popping in

anyone with any idea what could possibly be the problem ?

cwayne
  • 2005/7/4 15:42

• cwayne

• Just popping in

no one ?

cwayne
  • 2005/7/5 7:18

• cwayne

• Just popping in

A friend using Mambo told me that they got the same problem on WYSIWYG modules and there they came up with a solution works for most of their members.

It was told that the problem comes from the miss-match with DNS settings.

Here's part of the discussion post in their forum.
Quote:
dear friends...this is not the problem with ie or any other browser...
the problem is with the script it self...

so you live site in config file must resemble to the dns entry....both should be same..

for my case.. i changed from www.mydomain.com to mydomain.com, and it worked...becasue i have mydomain.com entry in my DNS ...

so adding www, or deleting www from configuration file can solve the problem...

And the whole thread's here

I know that was Mambo I was talking about and it's XOOPS that I'm currently running with.
But, for that the symptom's almost identical, I was wondering if this could be the possible hint for a solution in XOOPS ?

For that I'm really not a PHP programer and know almost nothing about the XOOPS core, could anyone please help on this ?

ps. even the mambo community said that it's nothing to do with the browser, it's actually true that I don't have this kind of problem with firefox. maybe firefox just intelligently correct the miss-match problem instead of error pop-ups ?

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits