JMorris
Review Request & Theme Download
  • 2005/7/5 0:18

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Review Request:
I'm in the process of building a site that's been 3 years in the making. In short, it's a collection of all my research in web design. There's quite a few links on the site now (254) plus I'm adding more as often as I have time.

I'm also in the process of redesigning some of my old themes and editing some of my old tutorials to be included in the site.

If anyone has any feedback regarding the theme and layout, I greatly appreciate it.

Link: http://mywebresource.com/

Theme Download:
When I tried to submit a theme for download, the upload manager said that the .zip file was not authorized. If I tried to submit the theme without uploading, it said the filename was blank. So, I'm posting the download here in the hopes a kind Admin will add it to the Theme Repository.

Download the MWR_Red theme from MyWebResource HERE

Thanks!

JMorris
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

jdseymour
Re: Review Request & Theme Download

Very nice site JM.

Two things I noticed when visiting your site is the user menu is available to anonymous users. And also in wf-links approve and delete are shown on each link to anonymous.

Hmm. I had a user menu. Don't know what I did to get it. But cannot find it again.

JMorris
  • 2005/7/5 0:54

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Thanks for the kind words and the heads up.

The user menu was a boo boo on my part (I guess you shouldn't cache that block ). The Approve | Delete links in WF-Links is another issue. I've double checked all the settings and all looks right. I've had several problems with this particular version as it is and have already submitted two bug reports today, so I think I'm going to revert back to the MyLinks module until some of these issues get sorted out.

Well, back to work...

Thanks Again!
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Lance_
  • 2005/7/5 0:59

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

The links issue could be related to cache also. Might want to check on that.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

JMorris
  • 2005/7/5 1:03

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

Lance_ wrote:
The links issue could be related to cache also. Might want to check on that.

I disabled all cache (module and block) on WF-Links, cleared the cache folder, and only gave anonymous reading permission in the WF-Links admin. Still no dice.

I'm going to pull it back to a testing site and see if I can reproduce the problem there. For now, I'm goin to just stick with the MyLinks module on the production site. I've had too many glitches with this version of WF-Links to feel comfortable about leaving it installed.

Login

Who's Online

1026 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1026

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits