gediminasbyt
Re: News 1.3 RC2 and Koivi view HTML problem.

I tried to precede the script with what you supplied but it still does not work.

1.Tick html box
2.This is what I paste into the Koivi
<p>Here's a script</p>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-id";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
google_ad_format = "728x90_as";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_ad_channel ="";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

3.Click save as html code

When I go to front page there is only Here's a script no code execution and no code visible. When I go back to Blocks editor and click html box I can see this outcome:

<p>Here's a script</p>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-id"; google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 90; google_ad_format = "728x90_as"; google_ad_type = "text_image"; google_ad_channel =""; //--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>

Almost the same just escape character for exclamation point. So, I'm still off using database directly.

P.S. and yes I did try your other line to make the line invisible. In that case the text does not show up, but there are no google ads.

Peekay
  • 2005/7/3 18:28

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Sorry your'e still having problems. At least Koivi is now saving the javascript (it looks intact?). However, I confess I haven't tried to see if a script actually executes. I'm off to do that now!
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Peekay
  • 2005/7/3 19:36

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Yup. You're right. It won't work. The code is saved, but Koivi blends it into one long line, which with a JavaScript will often break it.

JavaScripts do seem to execute. I tried
<script language="JavaScript">
document.write ("Hello World");
</
script>

and that worked. But that's not a lot of use to anyone really!

You can't appear to manually force line breaks using XOOPS code or by encapsulating the script in 'code' or 'pre' text tag either. I couldn't add a link to an external js file either.

Not good. Although I confess I have never tried this with SPAW or HTMLArea either. Maybe scripts and WYSIWYG editors just don't mix?

Peekay
  • 2005/7/3 19:56

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

I just tried adding my test script (I was using a JavaScript weight calculator) to another CMS which uses HTMLArea and it worked a treat, simply by pasting the script into the HTML box of the WYSIWYG editor.

I opted for Koivi because it is the only editor that integrates the XOOPS image manager. The fact that it tidies up a users HTML is actually quite a nice feature, but there are obviously drawbacks.

If you, or your users are likely to want to add scripts, it looks like HTMLArea for XOOPS might be a better choice. I am going to take a look at it myself over the next few days as an option.

samuels
  • 2005/7/3 20:12

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

I'll try to find a solution for this in next koivi version.

Peekay
  • 2005/7/3 21:53

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx samuels. It's a great editor, but this will be a problem for users who need their code to be 'verbatim'.

Plus, unless Koivi is also the name of a toilet cleaner somewhere in the world can we have the name back?. XK Editor Class just doesn't have the same ring to it. At present, no-one will find Koivi if they search at dev.xoops.org. I had to post a request in this forum to track it down.

samuels
  • 2005/8/30 23:32

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

Mm sorry, I forgot to mention the reason of the new name.
In it's first version it was XOOPS Wysiwyg editor.
This name was too generic and it was changed by Koivi.
The first version of my editor was based on Justin Koivisto work, so it was like a tribute to Justin.

Nowadays the code is totally different, the credits to Justin remain because he helped me in early developement stages.
But he has his own editor named "Koivi" and it causes confussion between the original editor and mine.
So I decided to change the name to XK_Editor.
But I think, it's too late. Everybody knows it as "Koivi" and not as "XK_Editor".

Peekay
  • 2005/8/31 0:36

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Yes. I can see the problem.

If you do not plan to offer xk_editor class as a stand-alone editor, perhaps you could agree to call it 'Koivi for Xoops' or something similar?. Then the original developer's name is associated, but the 'for Xoops' gives you full credit for it's current development status.

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits