DaveHaviland
change the "Posted by" link to a "News by this author" link, everywhere in the News module

I don't know if this would appeal to anyone, but I wanted to over use the "news by this author" links, and I didn't like the format of the "Posted by" links on the news module, if you change line 504 in /modules/news/class/class.newsstory.php to
$story['poster'] = "<a href='".XOOPS_URL."/modules/news/newsbythisauthor.php?uid=".$this->uid()."'>".$story['poster']."</a>";

Everywhere you used to have a link that would send your visitors to the authors user info, now sends them to the "News by this author" link. - again, it was handy for me, might not be for you.

This works well for me on 1.3, I don't see why it wouldn't work on all, the line number just might be off though, on different versions.

My example, and shameless plug, would behttp://www.knewstalk.com where I wanted the authors names to be links to the news by this author page.

psindia
Re: change the "Posted by" link to a "News by this author" link, everywhere in the News module
  • 2005/7/2 5:53

• psindia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/31

Try to edit the templates on the template directory . To find the coresponding template check for the line xoopsconfig['usetemplate']="sdsd.html" on th ephp file.

Edit the posted by on the template file to what ever u like
After editing please update the module to reflect the change.

The templates ar elocated in the modules/templates directory

the template will be descriptive

Please make a backup before doing any thing
Please don't visit ==>tenthstone.com!
==>vinodsr.com!

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits