cmperet
knowledge management on Xoops
  • 2005/6/30 19:00

• cmperet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/30

Hello friends,

I work on a Brazilian firm which, despite being small, generates a great deal of documents and data. Because of the lack of an information and knowledge management system, a lot of information is lost everyday, which could otherwise be stored and categorized for rapid access. I am planning to implement a content management system based on an Open-Source solution, and considering XOOPS as its backbone.
Therefore, I would like to know if:
1) XOOPS can be used to create a complex file structure (with organized sections for .doc, .xls, .pdf files, AutoCad drawings, figures, etc), with the possibility of including an abstract for each file?
2) Is it possible to include a Boolean search tool that can search INSIDE .doc or .pdf documents, or even inside email messages in mailboxes stored within a network?
3) Is it possible, by means of a form, to record the results of a service or production batch so as to generate automatic reports from those results, and deliver such reports by email to pre-configured recipients?
4) Is it possible to integrate the intranet to be created with other external, data-generator programs such as an ERP or even Microsoft Outlook?
5) Does XOOPS allow version management functions that can be used to prevent overwriting of older versions of a document, while suggesting the user to open only the last version?
6) Does it create backups of its database and file structure?
7) Is it possible to implement security tools to avoid hacker break-ins?
Thank you very much for your help,
Best regards,

Caio M. Peret
caiomperet@yahoo.com.br
Thermojet do Brasil Ltda.
+55-11-4351-5600

M3tatr0N
Re: knowledge management on Xoops
  • 2005/6/30 22:05

• M3tatr0N

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/6 1

Quote:

cmperet wrote:
Hello friends,

I work on a Brazilian firm which, despite being small, generates a great deal of documents and data. Because of the lack of an information and knowledge management system, a lot of information is lost everyday, which could otherwise be stored and categorized for rapid access. I am planning to implement a content management system based on an Open-Source solution, and considering XOOPS as its backbone.
Therefore, I would like to know if:
1) XOOPS can be used to create a complex file structure (with organized sections for .doc, .xls, .pdf files, AutoCad drawings, figures, etc), with the possibility of including an abstract for each file?
2) Is it possible to include a Boolean search tool that can search INSIDE .doc or .pdf documents, or even inside email messages in mailboxes stored within a network?
3) Is it possible, by means of a form, to record the results of a service or production batch so as to generate automatic reports from those results, and deliver such reports by email to pre-configured recipients?
4) Is it possible to integrate the intranet to be created with other external, data-generator programs such as an ERP or even Microsoft Outlook?
5) Does XOOPS allow version management functions that can be used to prevent overwriting of older versions of a document, while suggesting the user to open only the last version?
6) Does it create backups of its database and file structure?
7) Is it possible to implement security tools to avoid hacker break-ins?
Thank you very much for your help,
Best regards,

Caio M. Peret
caiomperet@yahoo.com.br
Thermojet do Brasil Ltda.
+55-11-4351-5600

Oi, Caio

Procure pelo Mikhail, mesmo se ele não tiver tempo poderá te dar uma ajuda de graça, sem cobrar nada, apesar do tamanho da empresa. Eu tenho conheciementos de segurança, mas ele é o mais indicado por conhecer mais sobre tudo há mais tempo, na minha opinião. Eu estou tentando me comunicar com ele, mas sem sucesso, não responde emails e nem aparece online. Então o mais garantido é pegar o número do celular dele no orkut e ligar (farei isso hoje mais tarde também). Ele é do rio, mas de vez em nunca apareece em sampa. E cuidado, pois tem muito aproveitador no meio do opensource. Se por acaso em conseguir contato primeiro, passo o seu recado.
Best regards,

Àggelos.

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE
------------------
"When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you"

Xoops: software in english for english speakers.

M3tatr0N
Re: knowledge management on Xoops
  • 2005/6/30 22:19

• M3tatr0N

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/6 1

esqueci de dizer, procure por XOOPS Brasil no orkut que encontrará o endereço da conta dele, que eh o admin. email nem vale a pena te dar porque é perda de tempo, não responde.
Best regards,

Àggelos.

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE
------------------
"When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you"

Xoops: software in english for english speakers.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits