wizanda
Multiple domains same site??
  • 2005/6/29 20:16

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

When I move my site, I am given the option of having a .com or .info address

Is it possible to make it so that xoops, works as both my exsisting address and a new one?

Or do I have to use one as a pointer and have my offical one .co.uk as the main site in the mainfile.php?

Also i remember last time i tried something along them lines, yet it caused problems

What is the best way to do this, stick with just one address or add a second one?

Does it affect page ranking? presumably you need to do equal advertising for both?

Is there benifits in doing it?

As then you can have two advertising Campaigns, or do you still end up with the same results, as you only have one meta data?

Has anyone tried this?

Am I best just sticking with the .co.uk, as i have worked hard to get ranked high?

Mithrandir
Re: Mutiple domains same site??

Technical answer: With XOOPS 2.2, you will be able to have a relative XOOPS_URL in your mainfile.php, so you only put the stuff that comes after the domain (e.g for example.com and example.info, you just leave the XOOPS_URL empty - or example.com/xoops and example.info/xoops, you put in /xoops as your XOOPS_URL). That will get rid of your TLD problem, at least.

Whether you are better off with a clean redirect, I cannot say for sure.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

JimLunsford
Re: Mutiple domains same site??

Hi there! I have jimlunsford.com parked at lunsfordland.com. When I googled jimlunsford.com I got:

Lunsford Land-It's a website!
Welcome to Lunsford Land. We are glad you came. Not much to see here really.
This is a closed website for the Lunsford family and their friends.
jimlunsford.com/

So I would just park the domain.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits