pakinter
Permission to sections
  • 2005/6/27 18:56

• pakinter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/27

I have a problem. I add on my website some new section e.g. News, Sport, Entertainment, and I add some new user. And I'd like each user have a permission to own section. For example:

user1 - he can see only News Section, and add news articles, edit and delete. He haven't permission to add articles to Sport and Entertainment.

user2 - he can see only Sport Section ...

user3 - he can see only Entertainment Section ...

How It do it? Sorry for my english...

beagle
Re: Permission to sections
  • 2005/6/27 19:14

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

You can do that with Groups.

Create a group that has admin permissions to access the News sections. Then assign User1 to that group.

Then repeat for the other sections...

Beagle

pakinter
  • 2005/6/27 19:26

• pakinter

• Just popping in

I can't find where I can add permission to invidual section. Where is it? thx

beagle
  • 2005/6/27 19:37

• beagle

• Just popping in

From the Control Panel, under System Admin, go into 'Groups'

At the top you'll see 'Edit Groups', you can then click on 'Modify' to change what permissions that group has access to. Below this section is the 'Add Group' menu and you can use this to create new groups.

You can also assign users into that particular group. That menu is down at the bottom labeled 'edit Members of this Group'

Beagle

pakinter
  • 2005/6/27 20:52

• pakinter

• Just popping in

Ok I create a new group, add a admin and modules rights to "Section" but i stil don't know how add a permision to section in "Section". When I login a user who fall under a group which I created, I still see all column in "Section" - News, Sport, Entertainment. But I want to see only News. Another user who fall under another group should see only Sport in "Section".
Another user who fall under another group should see only Entertainment in "Section". Any sugestion? Is this possibly?

beagle
  • 2005/6/27 22:21

• beagle

• Just popping in

I misunderstood what you meant...I should have read your orginal post a little closer. Sorry.

I'm assuming you're using the default News Module that comes with Xoops? And you want to restrict admin access to each 'topic'? You have topics for News, Entertainment, Sports, etc. Is that correct?

I'm not sure you can do that.

But you might be able to clone the News module. Create one for Sports, one for Entertainment, etc. Then you should be able to assign the permissions in the Groups. I haven't tried to clone a module yet, so I'm not much help.

Perhaps someone who has done this could jump in and help or suggest another way around this problem.

I found this in the FAQ:
FAQ: How do I clone a module?

Beagle

pakinter
  • 2005/6/27 22:47

• pakinter

• Just popping in

Yes that's it Thank you for your help. Now I know what to do, but clone module seems a "little" difficult :(

beagle
  • 2005/6/27 23:04

• beagle

• Just popping in

Try this:

News2: News Clone

I haven't tried it yet.

Beagle

Peekay
  • 2005/6/27 23:40

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you replace the News module that comes with XOOPS with the latest version (News 1.13) you can set viewing and submission permissions from within the module's admin.

For example, you create 2 groups in XOOPS admin - 'Football' and 'Tennis' and allow them both access to News module. You add users to these groups.

Then in News admin you create 2 categories - Football News and Tennis News.

In the 'Permissions' tab of News admin, you use checkboxes to set the permissions for who can approve news that is submitted to each category, who can submit news to it and who can view it. For example, the 'view permissions' section would look similar to this:

View permissions
----------------
Anonymous Users   [.] Football News  [.]Tennis News
Football          
[XFootball News  [.]Tennis News
Tennis            
[.] Football News  [X]Tennis News

Instructions on installing News 1.13 are included with the module and I believe you can upgrade from earlier versions of News if you already have a lot of items.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits