JMorris
Re: Hacking XOSC
  • 2004/7/24 20:30

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Well, it's been over a month since I started researching joining the XOOPS and xosc user tables and I've come to this conclusion.....

If it's to be done, I'm not the one to do it!

Granted, it's been quite the learning experience for me, but I just don't have the time for something this large.

Turns out the tables were just the beginning. I never stopped to consider the sessions. It would have required too many hacks on core files. Not to mention security issues.

I may take another stab at this one down the road, but for now, I'm going to stick to researching the current module and seeing what other ways I can contribute to the project.

Thanks for the info shared!

meta4
  • 2005/6/11 21:00

• meta4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/21

if you like challenges i give you one challenge:

- i need someone to hack another script, that has nothing to do with osc or XOOPS (but xoops_zina_settings hepled me get my hack together), but it would be a awsome contribution to both zina and e_107.orgCMS users

As you can see in zina instalation zina can beembeded into XOOPS and other modules. at the time i was running e_107 (wich is still my cms of prefference by the way) but i need zina on my site because im a record label.... and embed option as a e_107 pluggin module doesnt exist but XOOPS core and e_107 core are very alike so i used the lines that zina.ini uses to recognise the XOOPS module like this : XOOPS_ROOT_PATH ."/mainfile.php/ etc... so basicaly it calls for the core files so i shwiched the ."/mainfile.php/" to the ."/e_107_core.php" (or something like that im just making a long story short here) etc...

so everything is good
zina shows out perfectly embeded into my e_107 by telling zina my e_107 is a XOOPS module in the embed option.

... but only one problem shows up during beta testing....

the mp3 player now reads a error in the header because it looks for xoops_root_path instead e_107.BASEURL etc..

view it on my test server
my (hacked) version of zina

if you like a challenge that pays off with about 1000000 tankyou's from all over the world this will be one because it will be a contribution to brian who created zina and a brand new module for e_107 and last but not least i would very much apreciate it my self

here is the email regarding this project zina

i come here because its thatnx to zina i discovered xoops.

thank you.

JMorris
  • 2005/6/12 12:45

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

I'm afraid my current work load is preventing me from getting involved in anymore projects. I don't even have time for the XOOPS projects I've agreed to work on.

Perhaps someone else might be willing to help you out.

Best Regards.

meta4
  • 2005/6/24 10:09

• meta4

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/21

hello, to you and thank you for posting, can you contact me please ?

i am trying to emplement your "LEFT JOINT" hack but i do not know how or where to begin ...

... for example,

wich file(s) do i have to open ?

and wich line(s) do i have to find ?

and what do i have to code ?

( my server uses php/mySQL wich i have no clue on how i do changes to it once im in my 'php_myadmin' pannel )

i am running the latest built of XOOPS and im using the XOSC module so both XOOPS AND XOSC are in the same databdase !!!

NOTE :

in my case,
--> the prefix to my database is not:
'xoops_'

--> i named it:
'meta4_'

so it would be something like this in mySQL:

'meta4_users'
'meta4_shop_customer'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
basicaly, i want my xosc to recognize my XOOPS members so that they dont need 2usernames in my databse.

so if the user goes to 'products' (thats my 'xosc_shop' by the way) xosc asks user to update his profile in the custommer db rather then opening an account .

>>>> the first thing that users will be tempted to do when they see the XOSC LOGIN welcome page is to login.

>>>> that's when they realise they dont have an account .

>>>> thats when they start thinking that they registered for the first time for nothing ... (like 'what happenned to my user info ? dont they store it somewhere ?) ...

>>>> thats when user says "im not sharing anymore info then i allready have with them since the info is not stored propperly and if i have to i spend my money elsewhere" ...

and...

>>>> thats when you just lost your first customer !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please send me a Private Message: Click Here to message me

(i do not wish to publish my email adress to the open public.)

i realy need to get this working but i do not know how to code it my self... Please Help !!

JMorris
  • 2005/6/24 11:21

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

First of all, I'd like to commend you for tackling this project. It's quite daunting. I'm not much of a coder myself. I'm mainly a theme designer.

As I have mentioned in a previous post in this thread, and in the "An Apology" thread, time for such projects is something I no longer have. I'm currently working 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week between my two jobs. I simply don't have it in me after the day is done to work on this kind of project.

I'm bumping this thread in hopes that a "real" coder might notice it and be willing to assist you. I'd love to help you, but I simply don't have time.

Best Regards
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits