drummond
Custom User Profile Depending on Membership
  • 2005/6/14 5:35

• drummond

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

I am trying to make it so anonymous users can only view certain parts of a member's profile, but if a user is a member, allow them to see the entire profile.

I have been hacking around in system_userinfo.html but I am not a programmer and am not having much luck. This is what I was thinking:

<{$chkgroup = is_object($xoopsUser) ? $xoopsUser->getGroups() : XOOPS_GROUP_REGISTERED;}>

<{if $chkgroup == true}>
<tr valign="top">
<td class="head"><{$lang_extrainfo}></td>
<td class="even"><{$user_extrainfo}></td>
</tr>
<{/if}>

Can anyone give me a hint as to what I need to do? Should I be hacking userinfo.php instead?

drummond
Re: Custom User Profile Depending on Membership
  • 2005/6/22 17:17

• drummond

• Just popping in

Is there a global XOOPS variable that will detect if the person viewing a page is logged in, or if they are anonymous? If so, that could be used in a template file to determine what items that user should be seeing.

Anyone? Help!

Mithrandir

If you just want to distinguish between logged-in users and not, you can use
<{if $xoops_isuser}>

drummond
  • 2005/6/23 14:57

• drummond

• Just popping in

Ahh, thanks...I haven't tried that yet, but I found that this worked in the xoopsmembers/index.php file to only show the extended profile link if the person viewing was a member:

if ( $xoopsUser ) {
$userdata['realname'] = $foundusers[$j]->getVar("name") ? "<A HREF='/userinfo.php?uid=".$foundusers[$j]->getVar("uid")."'>".$foundusers[$j]->getVar("name")."" "</A>";

} else {
$userdata['realname'] = $foundusers[$j]->getVar("name") ? $foundusers[$j]->getVar("name") : "&nbsp;";
}

Dhrystone
  • 2005/7/20 22:07

• Dhrystone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/31

I just posted an open question in the FAQ about this but figured I'd crosspost in this thread too. I have a site where I don't want ANY users except site admins to have permission to even VIEW user profiles, let alone edit them. Can I globally restrict access to profile editing (ie userinfo.php) to site administrators only? So even if a registered user manually navigates to ~/userinfo.php, they will see the usual "You do not have permission" error?

Cheers
Dhry

Login

Who's Online

263 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 263

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits