Marco
True Antispam feature
  • 2005/6/21 17:19

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Some antispam tips are described here
http://www.php-help.net/search.php?q=spam

Could/should we implement one/both of these systems to prevent spambots from getting email adresses written in XOOPS content ?

I looked for such a functionnality in XOOPS core code, but didn't find the same feature. Yes there is a feature, but it does not cover all aspects.

The main objective would be to prevent mail adresses, written in articles for example, from being leeched too easily.

I don't know which system mambo has implemented. Could be great if someone investigated over there their solution (if any)....

[added to feature track at SF]

Mithrandir
Re: True Antispam feature

Do you mean automatically changing email addresses in text or that for example the [email] tag could have a parameter like [email nospam]something@somewhere[ /email]?

Marco
  • 2005/6/21 17:43

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

YES !

but although, each time you enter an email adress in an article (for example in news module, you write a contact list, with name and email), it is automaticaly converted in youradress@nospamyourprovider visually.
So, in html code,you can see youradress@nospamyourprovider (or something like this, to prevent spambots from leeching your adress), but as you click on this email link, a javascript converts it to youradress@yourprovider.com...

that's, so far I can understand, the idea...

I know the core feature (nospam) but this one seems not to work like these 2 tips, no ?
your idea to add these features in a new bbcode (or to renew it ?) is great !

marco

Mithrandir

I'm positive if someone wants to give it a go and try drafting a solution to this (btw Marco - check dev.x.o regarding module packages, please)

banned
  • 2005/6/21 18:49

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

There is a Smarty Function that can do this for you, methink is not an hard work to tweak with textsanitizer for do what you want

banned,

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits