JamesSAEP
Gallery Module
  • 2005/6/17 22:33

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

There seem to be several gallery modules out there. Can someone tell me which one they like and why?

What I would really like is to have a module that will create an album for a user when they click a button. The album name will be their username. And within their album they can create subalbums.

Does anything like this exist?

Thanks all.

zimmi88
Re: Gallery Module
  • 2005/6/18 23:23

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

i tried a couple of gallery mods and i like using myAlbumP for the plain and simple reason that is supports the GD2 library and my host doesn't have imagemagic or netpbm and i don't know how to install them. XoopsGallery seems really cool, but it was waaayyy too hard to set up, though it might be simpler if your host has ImageMagic or NetPBM.

in reponse to your second comment, i don't know if there's any of the gallery mods that support users creating their own gallery using their user name, but in myAlbumP, there's a My Photos link, that users can use to browse through their postings.

well, i hope that helps you out. good luck with your site!
-zimmi88 =)

rajaito
  • 2005/6/18 23:39

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/3 1

xcgal does what you are looking for, but it is not exactly the easiest module to configure and setup. If you have a lot of patience, you can get it to work nicely.

If you look at the gallery on my site, you will find that I hacked alot of the code to get it to look and run like I wanted.

Good Luck

pegasus00321

I would recommend xcgal as it is very powerful and suitable for most peoples needs.

JamesSAEP
  • 2005/6/21 15:04

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Thanks everyone for all the responses. I'm going to checkout the xcgal module.

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits