johntrot
replace new modules with originals
  • 2005/6/17 20:46

• johntrot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

I have placed the members ver 1.0 module in the modules folder and cannot get it to show in the admin modules area to install it... Do I need to remove the xoopsmembers sub-directory to make the new module work?

I have also added the smartfaq module... do I need to remove the xoopsfaq to make the new one work

gediminasbyt
Re: replace new modules with originals

What do you mean you can not make it to show to install it? Does it say something like "Module file not found?" if it does then you copyied wrong directory. You must copy directory with subdirectories directly under with names: admin, blocks, content etc. Most modules inclued readme file with install directions, just RTFM.

Most modules do work together, again RTFM for specific modules. As to my knowledge both your abovementioned modules do work together without any problems.

johntrot
  • 2005/6/18 16:35

• johntrot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

What I mean is that when I login as the webmaster and go to [system admin][modules] the modules I have ftp'ed to the modules directory do not show up in the system so that I may install them! It does not say anything, they just don't appear at the bottom to be installed.

I have already installed seven or eight correctly, so I'm aware of how and what to do in the instalation, the system has very simply stopped showing any new modules I want to install.

At the moment I have [addresses], [contact_plus], [newbb], [xcgal] and [shop] modules ftp'ed and no luck in getting them to appear where they are supposed to appear.

I have reinstalled the system subdirectory and updated it throught the [sys admin][modules] area and no change.

The system simply has stopped showing any new modules! I have removed and reinstalled one at a time to see if there was a conflict between one or the other, and none show up.

I am using 2.0.10 and did not have a problem installing the original modules and [piCal][news][mylinks][phpmyadmin][mydownloads]. They all appeared as they are supposed to appear and were installed as noted in their readme files. It was later (two weeks) when I added the additional modules that I started having this problem.

banned
  • 2005/6/18 17:56

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

Maybe is a simple typo problem, turn on the php debug and look at the module's installation page.

banned,

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits