cuckston
Re: Subscription Service Comming
  • 2005/6/17 18:45

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

Hi all, firstly, you can view info and how to download the testing module at this link. Please take a look.

Right, to answer some of your questions:
Brash:
Quote:
1) There doesn't seem to be any edit function for the subscription types or users. Is this still to be added?

I realised this and unfortunatly my programmer is being a bit picky on this as i apparently didnt say i wanted an edit function so i'd have to pay extra for it! I will have to wait a bit to have that done but for now, if you make a mistake then you have to delete the package and re-make it. This is top of my agenda to get changed though.

Quote:
2) When adding a user manually, are you planning to implement an interface more like the find users section? If not, does the interface you have do any verification of the user entered against the XOOPS user database so no bogus entries are added?

Umm... not sure really . I think that it will check the usernames against the ones already in the database. As for the interface, this is unfortunatly another paid upgrade that needs doing in the near future.

Quote:
3) With the add subscription section, would it be a good idea to have a non expiring option as well as the 1, 3, 6 and 12 month periods?

Thats a good idea and i will put it to my programmer however i expect he will say "paid upgrade"

Quote:
4) How are admins and subscribed users made aware when their subscription is about to be due?

Paypal subscriptions will email the user instructions on renewing their package and should allow them to cancel there subscription if they do not want to renew.

Quote:
5) Will it be possible to customise the subscription page from the main menu?

You can customise it in that you can change the names and description of the packages from the admin panel but you can't change the look of the page.

Quote:
6) Will there be support for alternate payment methods, even if not fully automated or instant (same as aMember)?

Paypal is modulular in this module and it is apparently easy enough to add other payment modules in the future.

Quote:
7) I seem to get logged out when viewing the subscription section from the main menu. Is this still to be fixed?

That is a bug to be fixed and i have let my programmer know about it.

Quote:
8) Is there going to be any kind of sorting and filtering options in the subscription management areas?

What do you mean by this? I dont quite understand.

xafadb:
Quote:
any idea what the user side would look like?

The user side should intergrate into your existing template until it goes to paypal for payment.

Quote:
maybe this was asked, will it accomodate multible subscription options for diffent products/services for same user?

It does already have the option for multiple subscriptions.

Hope this all helps.

Many thanks

Mithrandir

Quote:
- Admin interface should list expired subscriptions (doesn't have to automatically remove them from the privileged group(s), but a button to perform this routine would be good) as well as subscriptions about to expire (module config setting for how to define "about to expire" perhaps?)

Maybe my English skills are lacking, but the "Manage xxx" seems to be only "List and Delete" - not much "managing" over that, I think.

Also, please update the mainfile.php virtual path (url) on nothrillshost/subscription as it is still pointing to the IP and not the domain.

cuckston
  • 2005/6/17 21:24

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

Hi there, i have changed the virtual url to the right address.

As for the manage, we can upgrade in the future on that. At least we have a core of the module made up. This makes it easier to add items and change things.

pdubois
  • 2005/6/22 20:54

• pdubois

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/6 1

Is there anyway to have a Lifetime subscription. A one time fee that doesn't have to pay again?

pdubois
  • 2005/6/22 20:54

• pdubois

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/6 1

Is there anyway to have a Lifetime subscription. A one time fee that doesn't have to pay again?

cuckston
  • 2005/6/22 22:32

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

Hi there, i am going to get that implemented so it's just a simple one off fee.

As for the rest of the project... my programmer tells me it is comming however slowly, he is havin some final problems!

brash
  • 2005/6/22 23:55

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

cuckston wrote:

Quote:
8) Is there going to be any kind of sorting and filtering options in the subscription management areas?

What do you mean by this? I dont quite understand.

I'm thinking more on the user subscription management side than anything. In the event that you have dozens of subscibers (maybe even hundreds) then unless there is some way to filter and sort the user subscriptions, it is going to be a bit of a pain in the bum when trying to carry out administrative duties. Mith implemented what I think is a very good filtering/sorting feature for the articles section in AMS, perhaps have a look at to get an idea of what I have in mind.

Also, just another one . Is there any error catching in place? For instance, if you delete a subscription level, what happens then to the people subscribed to it?

amayer
  • 2005/6/23 2:52

• amayer

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/18

LOL I've just discovered this thread. Very interesting as we have just had a native XOOPS module developed that supports:

1. Multiple registration/subscription types
2. Each type has it's own price (also free types).
3. All HTML is made through smarty templates
4. Generic interfaces to payment gateways (currently working with NetBanx)
5. Members are automatically put in a group after their credit card is charged (depending on what they have signed up to).
6. Each subscription can be set to expire after so many days/months.

But the coolest thing is that it supports custom profile fields for each subscription type, so that you can have a multi-page "wizzard" collect information from the customer depending on what he is signing up for. (Also supports mandatory fields, with edit profile for customer).

The problem is there are no admin pages - it's all done through a setup file that sets up the arrays. But it shouldn't be too hard to write the admin side. I just need to find volunteers.

You can see a live demo here:

www.helpmehelpmychild.com

NOTE: it's live so don't complete the sign up process!

The module cost a lot of money to develop. So am not sure how to release it. Any suggestions?

Andy

xueming
  • 2005/6/30 5:55

• xueming

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/7 6

cuckston,

Great module!! Where can I download and try it? The link doesn't work .

Thanks.

gtop00
  • 2005/7/5 18:15

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Any news ???

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits