Theophilus7
Just starting out

Hi,

I'm new to XOOPS (and portals in general). I've just downloaded the latest version (2.1.1). I found that it didn't come with many modules - even the basic ones like "News", described in the online documentation - so I tried installing the "MyLinks" module from the previous edition for starters. However, it seems that the "top links" block doesn't display anything, despite the fact that I have submitted links, the block is set to visible and applied to the appropriate page.

Is v2.1.1 too unstable to use at the moment? Will it hit problems with most of the other modules on this site too? I tried starting again with the older version, but it seemed much more primitive (?) - though the top links block did work on this edition.

Are all you guys sticking to 2.0.x for the time being?

Cheers.

JamesSAEP
Re: Just starting out
  • 2005/6/15 19:43

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

2.0.10 is the current stable version.

JimLunsford

2.1.1 is still in development and should not be used on production sites. 2.0.10 is the latest stable version and is fully functional.

Theophilus7

Do we have any idea when 2.1.1 will become stable?

McNaz
  • 2005/6/16 8:19

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Xoops 2.1.1 will never be stable. The next stable XOOPS version will be 2.2. Please have a look at the X2.2 Dev Roadmap.

Meanwhile it is best to use XOOPS 2.0.10 as it is the most stabe (and supported) version.

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits