nikaian
Just got Xoops installed...now what??? Help please
  • 2005/6/13 15:22

• nikaian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/13

I am new to web design/developement to say the least. After much research and advice, I am trying out xoops. My host installed it for me and now I am Lost as to how to proceed. When you access the site: racerxmoto.com via the web, a XOOPS login page appears. My main ? is this: How can I change/edit what this page looks like? As of right now, it looks like a XOOPS site vs. a racerxmoto site. What do I do now?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated and I thank you so MUCH in advance,
Nikki

rabideau
Re: Just got Xoops installed...now what??? Help please
  • 2005/6/13 15:29

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Did you read any of the documentation on how to use XOOPS?

It is the best place to start.

beagle
  • 2005/6/13 15:31

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

The first thing I would do is to go though the Themes Library and find a theme that is close to how you want the site to look.

Just download the theme, and upload it into the themes directory on your server. Then log into the admin panel and select that theme under the General preferences page.

You can tweak the theme by playing with the CSS and .html files that came with the theme. Then you can change the graphics, etc.

Check out the FAQ on more info on themes, installing modules, etc.

Beagle

BTW. How did you make out during the so called topical storm? I'm in Mobile, Alabama, and we've had local thunderstorms that were worse...

skenow
  • 2005/6/13 15:32

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

First, check out XOOPS FAQ - there is an entire section on getting started.

For theme customization, it may be easier to find one close to what you want in the Themes Library, then copy it and change the logo graphics. Several themes include instructions for this.

Decide which modules you will be using, then make sure they are installed (Administration Menu -> System -> Modules). Each module will have its own things that will need to be customized for your site.

Good luck!

nikaian
  • 2005/6/13 15:43

• nikaian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/13

Thanks for the quick repies! Yes, I have read some of the documentation, unfortunately I am as "new" to this stuff as they come. I had to have my host install XOOPS for me, that should tell you how bad I am at this stuff, lol. The only thing I am familiar with is Microsoft FrontPage, and I am trying my best to steer clear of having to resort to using it again since it is so limited and produces such plain pages. Anyway, I am going to check out the themes, I am sure I will be able to find something to my liking, let's just hope I will be able to follow how to install it! Also, I know you can add all types of stuff, like a calendar and things, where do I begin learning how to do this at? Are all the things you add called modules? Also, can you change which page is the first one displayed on the web, or will it have to stay with that login page? Thanks for all the help (helpful links are appreciated also),
Nikki
P.S. Beagle, I am about 20 mins from Mobile, so yeah, we have had everyday t-storms that were way worse than this tropical storm! Thankfully though, I know Ivan last year was rough on you guys, we had no power for 4 days and I really don't want to go through another hurricane this year. Too hot! and What a small world...only 20 minute difference in locations, that is too cool! Don't meet a lot of "local" people in the forums (usually I don't anyway)

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits