activenine
Module Un/Installation Procedure Problems
  • 2005/6/13 1:32

• activenine

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/13

Hello,

I am currently working on a module and am fairly new to using XOOPS for it, but I have a lot of PHP experience.

Basically, I have followed the file structure formats as prodvided in the Dev Wiki and the SQL is successfully run, but there are some odd things happening...

Rather than showing the steps of the installation after I click Install similar to say the Polls module installation, it just shows a blank screen (same thing for uninstallation). Then I navigate back to the module admin and the module isn't appearing in the menu even though I set it to. It does show up as installed in the list though.

What's really odd (to me at least) is that as soon as I install a different module after mine, both appear in the admin menu fine and everything.

Some background on my module since I think xoops_version.php is the only thing other than mysql.sql really used during my module's installation:
- Using the basic name, version, description, etc. fields
- Using onInstall and onUninstall which link to separate files with the functions xoops_module_install_mymodule and xoops_module_uninstall_mymodule respectively (note: when I put a debug echo command in, the install/uninstall procedures were still blank pages)
- Using the SQL and tables fields
- Using the default hasAdmin and admin files fields

I just don't get why there's a blank screen and why the module only shows up in the menu when another module is installed afterward. Could someone please help me?

Any help is much appreciated...

Thanks.

jdseymour
Re: Module Un/Installation Procedure Problems

Did it read your SQL files and insert them in the database?

Usually this is what is listed, table creation, template insertion, and any set group permissions.

I am not a programmer but this is what I usually see on the install page or when updating.

activenine
  • 2005/6/13 2:47

• activenine

• Just popping in

Yes, it read the mysql.sql and inserted all of the tables properly.

But nope it doesn't list anything, right after I click the "Install" button it I'm guessing adds the module and everything, but does not give me any feedback. Whereas all the other modules do.

Thanks.

activenine
  • 2005/6/13 5:31

• activenine

• Just popping in

Ok, I got it all working, thanks!

Login

Who's Online

374 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 374

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits