zedo24
Access Permission to Articles
  • 2005/6/10 7:29

• zedo24

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/14

Hi,

I have to build a new site with specific access. It would have some lessons of french but they wouldn't be freely accessible. After admission, a student B would have access to lesson X, not to the entire web site. An other one would have access to lesson Y, and so on.

Is it possible to accord different access permissions to different "users" ?

How could I do this with XOOPS ?
Otherwise, thanks to tell me if it's not possible.

indiear
Re: Access Permission to Articles
  • 2005/6/10 10:40

• indiear

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

Yes you can create access to parts of your site by creating new groups (groupA, groupB, ect). You can do that through Admin/System/Groups then offer permission to modules based on each group.

The trick is finding a module for news articles that will allow you to give permission to groups by individual articles. Seems like most modules only offer "registered, admin, guest" options for access.

I THINK that there is a download module that allows access to specified downloads by custom groups, this might be an option if you want to offer your articles in PDF download format. There might be news modules that allow access based on custom groups per article, but I have not seen that option in news modules I have looked at.

Otherwise you can use a combo of Cjay Content and Multi Menu. Cjay Content would be used to "wrap" your lesson in XOOPS and multi menu to create custom links per group to access the cjay content wrapped pages by their group/student level. Have I lost you yet

jdseymour

AMS does this with the Audience Level settings.

indiear
  • 2005/6/10 11:41

• indiear

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

Thanks! That is good to know for the future!

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits