macelee
In default theme, how to get borders for every table cell
  • 2005/6/3 21:46

• macelee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/7 1

I am building some fairly complex table with multiplay colspan and rowspan in it. So it is not appropriate to use color changes to separate lines and columns. I normally use the following HTML without css to get the desired effect -- very clear boundaries for each cell.

table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"

But in XOOPS with default theme the above properties are ignored because of the css. I tried but could not get the same cell borders by using css. Can anybody help? Thanks

macelee
Re: In default theme, how to get borders for every table cell
  • 2005/6/5 11:58

• macelee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/7 1

A little bit more information.

I tried to test my own pages in a separate HTML file to get the correct effect and then wrap it with php code for use with xoops. Then all the cell borders are gone. So it is clear that the default theme css overwrite my table settings.

Any one can help me find a solution?

russtik
Re: In default theme, how to get borders for every table cell
  • 2005/6/13 22:51

• russtik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/13

First of all open up the style sheet(s) affecting your site (e.g. style.css in your theme folder). Look for declarations relating to table element properties and modify them appropriately (after making a backup of the original). They should include something like this:

table border-collapse:collapse; }
td margin:0padding:0border:1px solid black; }

Upload and test to see if the desired changes have taken place. If they're still not behaving correctly then you will have to scour your css file(s) and page source for class's and/or ID's that are controlling the style properties of yor tables. If you're noticing that table cells are having an alternating background colour applied to them try commenting out the .odd and .even classes from your style sheet.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits