rickh
Cannot set/change notifications (since 2.0.10 patch??)
  • 2005/5/31 16:21

• rickh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/9 6

I've running a XOOPS site for a while since XOOPS 2.0.7.3. A few weeks ago I updated it to 2.0.9.xx and directly after that to 2.0.10.

Today I tried to set a notification for news module and it didn't work. I checked the checkbox and clicked 'update'. Now I get a message:

"Taking you back to where you were...."

and when I go to the notifications block at the news page there is nothing checked
I've also tried with other modules and other accounts, but notifications don't work anymore. Also when I try to unset notifications it won't work.

I'm for 99% sure this is since I updated to 2.0.9 and 2.0.10.

rickh
Re: Cannot set/change notifications (since 2.0.10 patch??)
  • 2005/5/31 16:40

• rickh

• Just popping in

I think I found the solution yet :) (always after satrting a topic )

I use a custom template set. The "system_notification_select.html" file is changed in 2.0.10. My site was still using the 2.0.7.3 version. I copied the 'default' template to my own template and now i can change notification settings :)

Maybe a good idea to note in the update instructions of XOOPS patched which template files have been changed?

Mithrandir

Quote:
Maybe a good idea to note in the update instructions of XOOPS patched which template files have been changed?

The "diff" folder has an index.html that lists all changed, added and removed files - and links to what exactly is changed in each of them.

EMSguy
  • 2005/6/2 4:33

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

I don't understand how to fix this? I am having the same problems! And I do not understand the fix mentioned above.
What else are we going to have to manually fix with each upgrade?

So any help how do I fix this

rickh
  • 2005/6/2 7:14

• rickh

• Just popping in

well, go to admin menu. System -> templates. Then go to 'default', SYSTEM and view 'system_notification_select.html'. Select the code and copy it to the clipboard (ctrl+C).

Then go back to templates index. Select your custom made template. Go to SYSTEM and edit 'system_notification_select.html' with the one you've copied to clipboard (ctrl+V). Then save.

HTH

EMSguy
  • 2005/6/2 20:26

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

thanks!

jayjay
Re: Cannot set/change notifications
  • 2007/10/5 7:46

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/10

Quote:

rickh wrote:
I use a custom template set. The "system_notification_select.html" file is changed in 2.0.10. My site was still using the 2.0.7.3 version. I copied the 'default' template to my own template and now i can change notification settings :)

Howdie!

This is very useful information! Just started using notifications on a website that has been around since XOOPS 2.0.3

Of course notifications didn't work for me because of a security change in XOOPS 2.0.10, and this helped me in the right direction.

I suggest making a faq-entry of this. Something of the likes "Why doesn't the notifications feature work on my site?"

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits