nitrogrenX
Searching for the real answer
  • 2005/5/23 8:41

• nitrogrenX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/23

Ok, I love Xoops, It feels, works and even smells good.

But there is a clear problem, the theme/template update system is simply a nightmare.
Yes... yes... i READ the FAQ. I erase the cache, the c_templates folder, I upload the new files... and guess what... IT Doesn't change.

So then I go to step number 2. Update the Module, and then is when hell happens and the module doesn't works anymore.

It happen to me with AgendaX and the problem was so big I had to switch to picCal, no the same all same happen to myAlbum.

So, I try to erase the tables, erase even the folder! and upload everything again, and reinstall the module...
nothing.
now in the installation process I don't even get the sql result.

This is quite scary because I keep reading similar posts and everytime you change a template and you press the update button, you have to pray that the module is not going to die.

I still have the problem now.. any ideas.

Thanks

Gabriel

pod
Re: Searching for the real answer
  • 2005/5/23 8:44

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

The simple solution is to go to
System Admin > General > Preferences > Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?
and choose "yes".

Hope this helps.

nitrogrenX
  • 2005/5/23 10:36

• nitrogrenX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/23

I have been there... this is an issue that has to be more complicate. Is amazing how many people complain about this...
and still is like a mistery the famous update module section...

pod
  • 2005/5/23 11:27

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Quote:
Yes... yes... i READ the FAQ. I erase the cache, the c_templates folder, I upload the new files... and guess what... IT Doesn't change.

You upload the new files?

I've had this issue before in the past, but since I started cloning template sets & editing them via Templates > MyClonedTemplateSet > AnyModule > module_index.html I haven't had any issues.

*shrugs*

Login

Who's Online

557 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 557

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits