• Since: 2005/5/20

how do i go about installing this? many thanks

terrion
Re: xoop stats
  • 2005/5/23 10:27

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

it installs like any other module except for one thing.

You need to add the following line to your header.php file as the second line of code:

// for stats by XOOPS @ IBDeeming!
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/statistics/include/hitcounter.php';

A lot more information about installing and using XOOPS stats can be found here.

bouncy
  • 2005/5/23 10:36

• bouncy

• Just popping in

thanks for the reply, i'll check out your link now, i'm new to this and haven't a clue what i'm at yet but willing to learn. thanks again

terrion
  • 2005/5/23 10:47

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

Welcome to Xoops.

You'll find that most modules install by simplying copying a folder to the correct subdirectory and adding the module through the administration menu -> modules system.

This module, however, does require that you add that one line of code to header.php.

If you're brand new to xoops, I suggest you look at some of the tutorials that jdseymore has created at www.warpigw2.com

They're really rather good!

bouncy
  • 2005/5/23 11:02

• bouncy

• Just popping in

i'm not having alot of luck right now trying to create a page with XOOPS but i suppose if i keep at it i'll eventually get the hang of it. I have a very basic page creaeted in html, am i able to integrate this to work in XOOPS ?

terrion
  • 2005/5/23 11:11

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

If you are trying to just get some content up on a site and play a bit to learn your way around, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you look at wf-channel

It's an older module, not packed with features, but I think you will find that you can "create some pages" in a meaningful way.

It was one of the first modules I played with and helped me a lot to understand how XOOPS is put together.

Here's a link to wf-channel.

Unzip that and push it up to your server under the modules directory. Install it with the admin panel and have some fun.

jdseymour

Most of you content you will enter into modules. The modules format your content for display automatically. The content is displayed on the modules pages, or in blocks.

Read through topics in This Section of the Faqshould give you better understanding of how to get started.

Also see Xoops for Dummies it will help you also.

HTH.

bouncy
  • 2005/5/23 11:13

• bouncy

• Just popping in

sweet, i'll try it now, thanks for all your help, i'll report back and let you know how i'm getting on with it

bouncy
  • 2005/5/23 11:31

• bouncy

• Just popping in

i've just uploaded wf-channel into my modules folder but when i go into admin/modules i get a message: Module File for xoops2-mod_wfchannel_v1.07 Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

and down at the bottom it says: Module File for Not Found!

this is beside where the install icon should be, Any ideas ?

terrion
  • 2005/5/23 11:37

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

you'll need to unzip xoops2-mod_wfchannel_v1.07.zip to your local drive.

Whatever folder it unzips too, start drilling down until you get to just the wfchannel folder.

that's the folder that needs to be pushed up to the server.

The actual folder that needs to be uploaded to your server (under the modules directory) is called, simply, "wfchannel"

hope this helps.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits