Fragrate
can't delete xcgal
  • 2005/5/23 0:51

• Fragrate

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/20

i decided to delete everything and start from scratch, i deleted everything off my server and dropped all the stuff from my db, but for somereason, i can't delete the user submitted stuff in the xcgal folder, it gives my permission denied even when i try to change the CHMOD. help me please!

pegasus00321
Re: cant delete xcgal

What are doing this through, FTP?
So you tried to chmod all the files inside the folders to 644 and then deleting it?

terrion
Re: can't delete xcgal
  • 2005/5/23 5:12

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I've run into this problem several times myself. What I've had to do is have my hosting company delete the directory/files for me.

Seems that sometimes xcGallery makes files with user root, or nobody. I'm not sure how that happens. I've seen it in a couple other modules too.

Try just having your hosting provider delete them for you with their Root privlidges.

djsckizo
  • 2005/5/23 9:43

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

I too have had this problem, but not just with xcgallery. To me, it seems that sometimes when a script sets the permissions of something by itself (ie. the pics uploaded), than for some reason you can't delete via FTP. If you have CPanel, you should be able to go into File Manager and delete them. If you use Ensim, you can use it's file manager and Force a delete.

terrion
  • 2005/5/23 9:47

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Quote:
To me, it seems that sometimes when a script sets the permissions of something by itself (ie. the pics uploaded), than for some reason you can't delete via FTP.

I agree, except that on the hosting account I work with I have shell access. It seems to be a problem with the "owner" of the file. However, I can't seems to do a chown on the files/directories. That's why it usually ends up as an email to the hosting company to get the stuff deleted.

djsckizo
  • 2005/5/28 8:17

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Is it set in safe mode? I noticed that it only happened on the host that used Ensim with Safemode on. I've never had this problem with CPanel, though it could do it to that too I guess.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits