Cyberglass
Not sure if possible
  • 2005/5/16 23:07

• Cyberglass

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/11

Hi folks,

I'm building a XOOPS site and want to be able to:

a. Have some flash content that is only available to registered users.

b. pop up the pages that contain the flash in a new window without any of the usual XOOPS menus, banners etc. (so that the flash can be maximized to full screen)

c. Have the flash files managed somehow within XOOPS so that they cannot be directly accessed via the direct URL by someone who is not a user.

I figured that I could create a custom block for the flash but I'm not sure how to link to a custom block without it having the rest of the XOOPS stuff around it.

Is this doable within Xoops, or will I have to get hold of an advanced PHP book?

Thanks.

jdseymour
Re: Not sure if possible

No it is doable. I think your best bet is to create a folder for your flash (within your flash creation program, export as flash/html combination.)

To link (you would want to direct link to your flash html file) I would use a module like Multimenu 1.7 to create the custom links to your flash movie html files. It has the option to use the _blank with the link forcing a new browser window.

HTH.

PS. I use flash for tutorials on my site. They open in the same window. You can view my method Here.

I use wf-section for the module.

Cyberglass
  • 2005/5/17 7:13

• Cyberglass

• Just popping in

thanks, I had already been doing something similar to that. The main problem I'm having is making some Flash animations only available to Registered users.

For example, if someone tried to link to the direct URL of a XOOPS page that is only viewable by registered users they will be asked to log in or become a member before they view the file. How can I do this for my Flash pages?

Also, I know that people will view the page source and get the direct URL to the .swf file and want to know how I can avoid people linking directly to the .swf without logging in?

Any help most welcome

Cyberglass
  • 2005/5/18 21:10

• Cyberglass

• Just popping in

Bump!

Still cant figure this one out. Any ideas? Or any further resources I can research?

rowdie
  • 2005/5/18 22:04

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I haven't tried it myself, but you might like to take a look at Solo71's myMedia module

Cyberglass
  • 2005/5/19 1:20

• Cyberglass

• Just popping in

Thanks rowdie, I'll check that out.

In the meantime I think I may have found a work around by adapting the single page module from XOOPS for dummies and some ActionScript that has URL detection (as well as being able to tell when it's being hotlinked to). Will post here when I have perfected it.

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

292 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 292

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits