WarDick
Re: XOOPS PM(Private Message)-Hack
  • 2005/4/20 22:08

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

I have a request. Would it be practicle to add group permissions. I have abusers of the forum who have been placed in groups with limited access and now they are abuseing the pm system.

wanikoo
  • 2005/4/25 11:31

• wanikoo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/27

Quote:

WarDick wrote:
I have a request. Would it be practicle to add group permissions. I have abusers of the forum who have been placed in groups with limited access and now they are abuseing the pm system.

Umm...
Now..
I have a new idea about Access Control System for this pm-hack!
Maybe you will see it in the next test(^^;;) version.
(......Umm...maybe....^^;; )

Mithrandir

Wanikoo, I am in the process of placing some of your functionality in a dedicated PM module for XOOPS 2.1

I think it is the best solution to place it in a separate module - for preferences, group permissions and other things to easily be added to it. However, I will not take all the functionality in your hack, so if you want to add more functionality, maybe it would be worth thinking about doing it as a module, too?

Hisoka
  • 2005/5/18 16:06

• Hisoka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/2 1

Could someone (wanikoo or others..) give me help to do one little thing.

When you go on the page to check your messages.

With this hack you have many options, i just want to sort out "Apply" button of the table because the width of my page is too short for the table.

As i speak bad english lol i have draw it look :)

Resized Image

Thanks a lot

EDIT: I finally did it in include/pm_functions.php

morris
  • 2005/5/18 21:09

• morris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/25

Hi,

In an earlier version I could easily remove the readonly setting in PMlite.php so that I could enter the username directly. With the latest version this seems to be no longer possible. I removed readonly="readonly but when I enter the username I get a message selected name cannot be found in the database. check name and try again.
(this is a translation of the dutch message).

I have only a few members and don't want to use the search function.

Can this be done in the latest version?

Morris

lina26
  • 2005/5/25 0:42

• lina26

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/30

I use this PM Hack at my XOOPS 2.0.10 site.

what about the comapatibility with future XOOPS versions

how to update to XOOPS 2.2

alitan
  • 2005/6/5 6:17

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

Unfortunately , I've found a bug in this new version,
When I want to change a user permision ,the entire user permissions will change. For example, there is no difference if you want to change a group permission, user permission or the entire users permission, The fields for configuration do the same thing.For instance, I want to give my admin permission to have 5000 posts , but other users' qouta will also change to 5000. There is also another confuguration, and I really don't know what is the other page for! I'm confused with 2 types of configuration. It seems that the others changes the actual file, but what does the file do when db configuration is primary? I am really intrested in this hack but the bug is driving me crazy!
Anyways,
Thanks alot for you great,perfect work!

leandersukov

In total the hack works fine with XOOPS 2.2.1 - if one changes the file localisation (e.g. from mainfile.php to ../../mainfile.php and so on), it is liable to just replace the pm-modules which comes with xoops. So far - no problem.

The problem occures with user computers on which Norton is installed. The original pm-modules does not produce any problems, after the xoopsecurity works now with tokens. But the hack does. And the "old" ways to get rid of the problem do not work.

For us it is impossible to work with any faq for changing Norton, after we do not believe that all users will be captable to do so

Is there any way to get rid of the problem by changing the security settings or whatever has to be changed.

Leander

P.S.: The hack is not just two days old - why didn't the XOOPS team implanted the hack as module?

wanikoo
  • 2005/8/16 0:32

• wanikoo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/27

First,
I feel I have to apologize to you guys using this pm-hack... for no maintenance/upgrade ...for a long time.
Very sorry!!
( Umm...as you guess...many reasons...(--);;
but...I don't want to mention about it.)

Quote:

lina26 wrote...long ago(--;;)
I use this PM Hack at my XOOPS 2.0.10 site.
what about the comapatibility with future XOOPS versions
how to update to XOOPS 2.2

Umm..
I know...XOOPS 2.2.x got its own PM module and this PM-hack definitely needs some modification/upgrade for compatibility with XOOPS 2.2.x.
Umm..
sooner or later...I will !!

Quote:

leandersukov wrote:
The hack is not just two days old

Thank you for your attention to my humble hack.
Umm...
As you wrote, this pm-hack is not just two days old
and
I still have passion for this pm-hack.

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote...long ago(--;;)
if you want to add more functionality, maybe it would be worth thinking about doing it as a module, too?

Umm...
maybe..you're right.
Before..I was a little confused with roadmap of XOOPS.(I mean..PM-module or core-embeded PM-system)
but..now...XOOPS 2.2.x adopts its own..PM-module.
I think it's the right time to make a module version of this pm-hack.
Sooner or later I will !!

PS:
Umm...
I am also...a member of XOOPS Japan Community making its own XOOPS-clone(XOOPS Cube)...as you know.
and moreover...a webmaster of XOOPS Korean Support Site.
(btw...We,XOOPS Korean Community decide to continue to adopt XOOPS not XOOPS Cube...)
...Umm...
anyway...this situation really makes me confused...
Sigh!!

leandersukov

I really did not found any problem to get it work on 2.2.1 instead of the standard module (I just put the files together and placed it in /modules as /pm; then I changed the links for path and URLs in that files and it works fine). Until we tested it with Norton Firewalls. There is the only problem I believe.

The limitations (changing the numbers of PMs for different groups etc - which does not work) are small. But the value is far beyond the module that comes with xoops.

If the firewall problem can be solved, and if you pack the files together as a module (just the files which go into the root dir are needed in /modules/pm), then this would be a real enhencement of xoops.

Come on - give me a hint, which parts of the code are responsible for the firewall problem

You did a great work. Do not give it up.

Leander

We are using PHP 5.0.4-0.9sarge1 on Debian Sarge and XOOPS 2.2.1 (german bundle).

--------------

We now have changed our PM-setup this way:

All files are from the hack, except pmlite.php, which is from XOOPS 2.2.1. All files from the hack, which where not in directories are in /modules/pm.

Norton Prob looks like beeing solved!

How to bundle (our setup)

a.) Get the latest Wanikoo-Hack available.
b.) Get XOOPS 2.2.1
c.) Install XOOPS 2.2.1
d.) Save /modules/pm locally
e.) Unpack the hack
f.) If on holes in the Wall (windows): Get yourself a workable editor
g.) load all files which are in the root (basis) directory of the hack into the editor.
h.) change all links up to /modules/pm, respectively down to where the linked files are (e.g. instead of "mainfile.php" ../../mainfile.php etc).
i.) delete /modules/pm on your server
j.) create /modules/pm on your server
h.) copy all files which should "normally" go to the XOOPS root from the hack to /modules/pm
k.) copy all other files into the directories where the belong.
l.) open the pmlite.php from the saved (original) /modules/pm with an editor.
find: " if (isset($_REQUEST['savecopy']) && $_REQUEST['savecopy'] == 1) {
//PMs are by default not saved in outbox"
change to: " if (isset($_REQUEST['savecopy']) && $_REQUEST['savecopy'] == 0) {
//PMs are by default not saved in outbox"

Find the template and comment out the lines which the yes / no for saving the message (I havent done this now).
--- Messages are now saved automatically and that looks like solving the problem with Norton Firewall ---
m.) Copy the pmlite.php into your new directory /modules/pm.
Check everythink. If any errors occure, they should just result from wrong links and can be solved easily....

Dont forget to get the tables from the hack into your mysql-db. Have a close look at the readme etc from the hack!

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits