Arowana
Re: Subscription Service Comming
  • 2005/5/18 3:08

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

Tried to sign up at the site and make donation, paypal said it was down and to try again later and your site never sent me my email to finish the sign up process

Aorwana

cuckston
  • 2005/5/18 10:07

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

Hmmm.. thats strange... All seems to be working now and i recieved an email telling me that you have signed up. If you are still having problems please email me at mattcuckston@gmail.com

Many thanks

gtop00
  • 2005/5/18 19:24

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Dear Cuckston, have you seen this? It seems that covers everything. You can use it as a guideline.

G.

cuckston
  • 2005/5/19 12:49

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

How can they charge for an addon to xoops? I thought the rule was that if it had to use xoops, then it can be made public?

gtop00
  • 2005/5/19 16:52

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

aMember pro is not open source. For details look at aMember Script Plug-in for Xoops, or better, make a search for "amember".

<<EDIT: Sorry Matthew, I just saw your post in this article, meaning that you are familiar with the subject>>

The question is if somebody (you?) can make a XOOPS module like aMember.

George

gtop00
  • 2005/5/20 13:42

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Matt,

Let us know how your project is going. Do you still need our financial contribution?

cuckston
  • 2005/5/20 14:28

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

Hi there, the project is getting on way. It should be ready in about 1-2weeks.

I am still looking for donations as it is costing a lot of money. Many thanks to Mirthander who has donated a lot of money to help the project take off.

Remember, visit the site ashttp://www.britanniacomputing.co.uk/xoops. I have installed xdonations to make it easier for people to help contribute towards this project.

brash
  • 2005/5/20 15:12

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

If you can get these features in there, I'll gladly round up at least one hundred dollars for you;

1) Subscription Levels

Unlimited Admin definable levels can be created that then require the user to spend a specified amount for the actions attached to that subscription level to be executed. For example you have service A that requires a minimum of $25 to join, so you create a subscription level called "service A" and set the minimum subscription level to $25. The user wanting that service will only be added to the defined XOOPS group if their payment is equal to or above the minimum subscription level.

2) Subscription Expiration
When setting up your subscription level, you must also specify a subscription expiration. Users must then pay X amount every X amount of time or they are removed from specified XOOPS groups. Perhaps even have an XOOPS notification sent to users X amount of time before there subscription is up for renewal.

4)Plug-in Style Payment Gateway Interface

A plug-in interface will greatly simplify the task of being
able to add support for different payment methods further on down the track. For example you'd have one plug-in for PayPal, and another plug-in for Amazon, and another for NoChec and so on. Similar to the plug-in feature in RSSfit 1.1. Just have a look at all the payment methods aMember supports. Need to keep this in mind as Paypal is not accessable in all countries.

5)Subscription Record Tracking

Subscription tracking admin interface so that the admin can view, sort and filter donation records based on Name, XOOPS username, date, gateway, amount, frequency etc...

cuckston
  • 2005/5/20 16:04

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

Brash to answer your feature requests:
1) There will be multiple subscriptions available. You can have free subscription plus subscription 1 at $x and subscription 2 at $x. However, if i think what you are thinking then you want a type of donations subscription service. I dont think that is quite the idea that i was going for but i will see how difficult it would be to introduce that into this project.

2) Subscription expiration will be part of this project. I.e. When you choose your subscription, you will pay for 1month, 3months, 6months.... After this time period you will be sent a reminder to renew your account otherwise the account gets downgraded to 'free status' or deleted.

3) Think you missed this one out in your post

4)I am trying hard to get the payment gateways to be plug-in and hopefully they will be. It is apparently more tricky that way but i will persivere.

5)You will be able to see all the users in your admin panel aswell as what package they are on, how long for and when their account expires.

Hope this helps!!

davidl2
  • 2005/5/21 2:25

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Cuckston - this is sounding more like something I'll be interested in as well.

Login

Who's Online

92 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 92

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits