animas
Profile Search...
  • 2005/5/18 8:51

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

Is there any module that has search option by profile fields and shows the MATCHING users result in list view?

Mithrandir
Re: Profile Search...

animas
  • 2005/5/18 17:39

• animas

• Quite a regular

Silly me. Did not play with that yet. That will do for now.

"If XOOPS 2.2 comes with dynamic fields for user profile then xoopsmembers will be updated dynamically too." Can I hope that?

Mithrandir

I hope so - so you might as well

(it is definitely the goal... but it has to be figured out how the fields should be visible in this search. Should all the fields be searchable? No... there should not be a search of anybody who use the flat comments listing (just to take an example) so there must be a way to add/remove fields from the searchable list.

When that is settled, how should one be able to search? In the current xoopsmembers, the fields are known and you can put a "larger than", "Earlier than" etc. - but how do you know what kind of search is relevant for a dynamic field?

Those are the questions I will try to answer. If I find the answer, it will be there, if not... it will have to wait for XOOPS 2.4

animas
  • 2005/5/19 11:57

• animas

• Quite a regular

The structure reminds me Open Realty.
There, admin can decide which fields will be availabe for search. And of course admin can add variety of innovative customized fields.

Login

Who's Online

550 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 550

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits