Ctyler06
Having a lot of trouble with Mods...
  • 2005/5/12 16:56

• Ctyler06

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/6 0

Sorry for such a vague subject line, but I am having different problems with several mods...

Ok, so yesterday I downloaded several mods, put them in "my documents" then today I opened the zip files and used WS_FTP to open and upload to my modules folder for my site.

Then I went to the modules section in my admin area and when I looked there were only a few of them on there.

There were 2 files that were not found and those were for AMS and e-cal. I am not sure why there is an error with those two? Any clues?

Then,I saw the "shoutbox" so I clicked on the install button and it did its thing so then when I went to the "homepage" button and then clicked on "Shoutbox" and white screen appeared with something saying this page should be set to invisible and I need to set it at "0"??

After I saw that I went to the shoutbox module and looked around to figure out what to do and I saw nothing...of course I am a newbie so I probably missed something LOL

Now on to my next problem....

I also installed Edito and Net 2 FTP with no problems other than the fact that they show up on all of my pages!(I know how to make it to where they only show up on certain pages) I installed them in the modules folder so I am assuming that is why they are showing up on the main menu section? Shouldn't these two only show up in the admin area? What did I do wrong?

Please help!

Holly1
Re: Having a lot of trouble with Mods...
  • 2005/5/12 21:25

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/4 1

Also having problems with Mods

If I install them they always tell me file not found? YET its in there.. not sure why its not being fount..

I had this problem with the OSCommerce.. so I put it in my mods folder before installing XOOPS all together and it worked.. any help would be appreciated :)

Thansk

jdseymour

There are two things to check with this type of problem.

#1. is to be careful to upload only the module folder. Sometimes when you unzip a module the directory is one or more folders deep. You need to determin the folder to upload.

#2. Is that sometimes your FTP program my be uploading with the wrong encoding. If it uploads a bianary file as acii or vice versa the file would be corrupt and will not work. If this is a continuous problem, try a different FTP program.

HTH.

Holly1
  • 2005/5/12 21:46

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/4 1

It worked!! This time I did ONE folder at a time into the right folder... This way I knew the FTP was getting every thing.. YEAH!! NOW to fix all the errors.. Be on the look out LOL

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits