krystinevo
Debaser - changing width & height of flash player

It appears the flash tutorials I've made are being cut off in width and height in the flash player in debaser. These flash tutorials are of various widths and heights (yeah, I know I shoulda standardized them) and the player doesn't appear to recognize the true size of the movies. (When I edit the templates, all it does it make the window bigger -- not the actual movie being played.)

Does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this?

Thanks very much -- this is a great mod.

Kristine

Anonymous
Re: Debaser - changing width & height of flash player
  • 2005/5/12 9:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
and the player doesn't appear to recognize the true size of the movies

My fault! The module cannot deny its original purpose (first version) - playing mp3-files.

Go to the player administration and change the width and height of the player. When I look at this now, I cannot imagine WHY I made some extra-input-fields for width and height. Maybe I am getting old?

But you are right! Upcoming version 1.00 will read the movie-size for better display.

wcrwcr
  • 2005/5/12 10:02

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

BTW> I like that mod very much
Waiting for version I..........
Regards

kumzzy
  • 2005/5/12 10:31

• kumzzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

wow! when is version 1 expected to be released?

Anonymous
  • 2005/5/12 10:48

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

kumzzy wrote:
wow! when is version 1 expected to be released?

wow about wot?

Version 1.00 RC can be expected midst of June.

krystinevo

Quote:

Go to the player administration and change the width and height of the player.

First, thank you for responding -- and for making such a great module. I've created flash tutorials in Camtasia on how to use XOOPS for my company Intranet, so that's how I'm using your mod.

Now for my question...when you say "player administration", do you mean go to the edit player tab, and edit the height and width in the swf player configuration code?

Thanks in advance!

Kristine

Anonymous
  • 2005/5/12 15:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Now for my question...when you say "player administration", do you mean go to the edit player tab, and edit the height and width in the swf player configuration code?

Yes! I experimented a little. Remove the entries which look like this from the player code:

width="<@width@>"
height="<@height@>"

This appears twice! in the player code. Theoretically! the original size of movie is taken and will be displayed.

But this topic leaves me in a dilemma. Should I keep the option for forcing the player to display a certain size or should the window be auto-resized?

Above solved! I will change the database fields into varchar(4) and then the value 100% for width and height can be entered.

Another edit: Before someone tries to change his database and complains that the changes are not working I have to explain some more things. In admin/index.php there are two functions called changeplayer and newplayer. Since we changed the database field to varchar intval cannot be used anymore for cleaning the values for width and height. Look for intval in conjunction with width and height and replace intval with:

$xoopsDB->quoteString

I hope this was understandable?

krystinevo

Hi Francis,

Sorry to be a pain... would you mind posting exactly what I should have in the swf configuration code? (I think I screwed something up when I modified the code.)

On a somewhat related topic, how does one post codes in newbb? (Like this.) I attempted to post what I have, and of course, it all disappears.

Thanks again Francis... I appreciate all your help with this!

wcrwcr
  • 2005/5/12 18:24

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi krystinevo

Quote:
On a somewhat related topic, how does one post codes in newbb? (Like this.) I attempted to post what I have, and of course, it all disappears.

To post some code on the foruns you must put it inside "[ code ]" your code goes here...... " [/code]" obviously withouth the "" marks.

Or just click on the < > icon on the top and paste your code on the popup field.

Regards

krystinevo

Thank you wcrwcr! (I think I'll always be a n00b at this stuff *sigh*)

I deleted the refereces to height and width, and this is what I have (which isn't working):

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0">
<
param name="movie" value="<@mp3file@>" />
<
param name="quality" value="best" />
<
param name="play" value="<@autostart@>" />
<
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="<@mp3file@>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="best" play="<@autostart@>" 

/>
</
object>

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits