carnuke
Here's something to make Bill Gates have a bad day!
  • 2005/4/29 13:53

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

solo71
Re: Here's something to make Bill Gates have a bad day!
  • 2005/4/29 14:01

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Poor him...

pegasus00321
Re: Here

Oh please, Windows > 90% of Market Share
MS will outlive by a lot

JMorris
  • 2005/5/10 2:47

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

pegasus00321 wrote:
Oh please, Windows > 90% of Market Share
MS will outlive by a lot

Yes, I agree. However, many have awaken to the fact that they now have a choice. Not only in browser's but for all their computing needs. Yes, MS will most likely be around for a long time to come, but the awareness of choice is certainly putting a dent in MSs market share.

brash
  • 2005/5/10 2:58

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Too true Jmorris, I think people are just geting sick of having to patch their system every few weeks, and having to purchase third party programs to keep their system safe on the Internet.

Still, Microsoft operating systems still hold 90% of the market and Internet Explorer still holds 65% of the browser market, so there is quite a way to go yet before Microsoft are in any danger.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

pegasus00321

Third Party: Ever heard of MS Antispyware? Its actually good, no kidding there. I'm a esecurity guy, so dont make me threaten to hack u, LOL. Kidding bout that.

But seriously, I play a Shockwave game in FF, and its slower and more mem usage than IE. I still use IE, just disable Ax, which isnt that hard if you still remember where the Internet Options are. And Java, dont even start with Sun's Java.

And please, Hack My Windows XP, I have posted a challenge elsewhere already, but hey $100 (minus what PayPal takes) if u do.
I will DMZ Mode my computer on the router and it will be running Apache with MySQL and PHP.

brash
  • 2005/5/10 5:42

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

I'm not having a go at Microsoft, I've made my living off supporting their products for the last 10 years. I even one of only 40 people in the world to be awarded a MVP award for IIS by Microsoft for my contributions to the IIS community. If you have the knowledge, it is not terribly hard to make Windows quite secure. Problem is that the vast majority of people using Windows wouldn't know how to do this, and up until Windows XP service pack 2 Microsoft had a rather lax approach toward it.

pegasus00321

Yeah, I've seen your certifications, pretty impressive.

MACscr
  • 2005/5/11 0:46

• MACscr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/10

You got to understand that MS also has a majority of the security problems out there because it is the majority, so of course hackers, etc, make their code for it. I have noticed that the more popular Firefox has gotten, the more popups im getting with it. People find the loopholes with any program and they exploit it. Also, Firefox has had 3 updates already this year. An update is also a patch. I love Firefox and i use it 99% of the time. But there is no reason to diss MS over it. I actually own a Linux based firm and by no means am I a hater of Bill Gates and his work.

brash
  • 2005/5/11 0:54

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Personally it is the business ethics of giants such as Microsoft that I find hard to stomach sometimes. But then again there are MUCH worse examples than Microsoft. RIAA anyone?

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits