jamiedotcom
very easy if you know how but i don't so please help

I am trying to add a few links to the header or the footer in the admin section, and i have been trying all day but i am still very lost any one able to help please.

brash
Re: very easy if you know how but i dont so please help
  • 2005/5/10 23:14

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Can you post the links you are trying to add so we can help?

jamiedotcom

Just links such as

/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups&op=modify&g_id=2

/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=show&confcat_id=3

i know u can get to these pages from the side menu but i can using these 2 pages all the time and would be really nice if i could click on a link in the header of footer

brash
  • 2005/5/10 23:58

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Didn't even see that you wanted to edit the admin area the first time around . The XOOPS admin area in the 2.0.X branch does not use templates or themes, so any modifications would have to be hacked into the actually PHP files themselves. This is something I probably would not recommend for a beginner. If something goes pear shapped it can be a right pain in the bum to restore.

Xoops 2.2 will be out in a few months which will have a LOT more flexibility for modifying the look and feel of the XOOPS admin interface. My suggestion would be wait for that. If you must have it, then I can help you, I'm just a little paranoid about editing the admin area .

jamiedotcom

I can do php i just dont know where to look. Pls help, not really worried about messing it up as i am only hosting on a local server at the moment.
Ill rather mess it up now then when i go live.

Thanks Jamie

brash
  • 2005/5/11 0:29

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

In that case, open admin.php and just above xoops_cp_footer(); on around line 163 put this;

echo "

Link 1     Link 2

"
;

You will need to modify it for your needs.

jamiedotcom

Thanks for the help, but what i am trying to do is make the links show up on every page in the admin section, with that code, the links only show up when u 1st login, once you click on a section, eg banner, the links go :( and i end up with just the footer again.

brash
  • 2005/5/11 0:50

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

In that case you'd probably need to put that code in something like /include/cp_header.php, or add it to each modules admin.php file.

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits