XiceX
A few questions
  • 2005/5/8 8:24

• XiceX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/8 7

Well i installed xoops, and it looks great. But i have a few questions.

1. I cant find out how to make custom pages er.. moduals. I need to make a page where i can i can list my flash games. I need one page that links to the separate flash stuffs with descriptions. Then subages with the swf file in them. Is there a modual that can do this? I want the menu bar to look something like this

home
Blah
Stuff
flash
- 1 < --- page with the swf file
blah

I dont mind haveing a blank page, and then doing all the content in html my self. although something like the news modual could work, but i cant install it twice i dont think. Also i dont know how to change it subapes from "submit news" and "articles" to what i want...

2. How/can i get rid of that page that say "thank you for logging in" It gets pretty annoying.

3. I have tutorials on html, css, ectera. how do i make a page for them, and then put a link to it on the menu bar?

I hopes thats not to much to ask. Im kinda lost here though
any help would be great.

jdseymour
Re: A few questions

Hi,

I use flash for tutorials on my site. I use Wf-Section 2.07b3 for this. The tutorials consist of a SWF file located in a folder and an html file entered into the text of the article. Not sure how your SWFs are set up, but you should be able to do the same.

See my Tutorials section Here for an example of what it looks like. There are categories and subcategories, so look around and see if it is something that you can use.

XiceX
  • 2005/5/8 8:51

• XiceX

• Just popping in

Cool that would work great for the flash part. I would still like to have links on the menu to pages where i can put html though. And yeah i hate those "thanks for logging in!" type things. Anyone have a remedy for this?

jdseymour

For that I would suggest Multimenu 1.7. With this module you can create custom menus, and even if you want replace the main menu. Also has a nice built in sitemap feature.

HTH.

Edit: you can also wrap html pages with wf-section.

XiceX
  • 2005/5/8 9:01

• XiceX

• Just popping in

Sounds nice :) ill try it out tommorrow. Oh yeah i got 404'd when i tried to get Wf-Section 2.07b3 so i just got version 2.0.1 if thier much differance between the two?

jdseymour

Yes there are differences. I will try to find out what is wrong. I got the same error. Thanks and good luck.

Login

Who's Online

266 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 266

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits