asche
Re: Newbb Hack - where to download latest version and compatibility with XOOPS 2.0.10?
  • 2005/4/26 22:29

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

Does anybody know the last version of newbb hack and where to download it? I cant find it in modules nor inhttp://regenerateweb.net.

Also I would like to know if latest hack is compatible with XOOPS 2.0.10?

This hack is very important for my forums and I would love to get some uptodate info.

Example:
I am building two forums on www.schauer-domain.de:
Forum 1: one for my mother plus children
Forum 2: one for my father plus children

Some people might think, that it is better to build two different sites for divorced parents. But I rather build 2 private forums with newbb hack and have all of my family on one site (not romanticism but pragmatism).

Maybe somebody knows how to build a "uptodate private forum"?

asche
Re: Newbb Hack and Newbb 2.0.2 -> dev.xoops.org
  • 2005/4/29 11:18

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

Anybody looking for "additional forum functionality" with newbb (as I enjoyed with newbb hack from regen_r8 so far) should also think about looking for newbb 2.0.2 on dev.xoops.org (thanks for this info regen_r8, it saved me a lot of time searching -> would be glad about "comparison of features").

greetings asche

PS: Anybody for searching german langfiles for newb 2.0.2 can read my question on www.myxoops.org

PPS: Where will I be finding info about uninstalling old newbb (or is it just acticating/deactivating in modul admin?)

jdseymour
Re: Newbb Hack and Newbb 2.0.2 -> dev.xoops.org

If you are thinking of upgrading, or need to review newbb 2 admin functions see this Newbb 2 Flash Tutorial section on my website.

jegelstaff
Re: Newbb Hack - where to download latest version and compatibility with XOOPS 2.0.10?

Quote:

asche wrote:
Does anybody know the last version of newbb hack and where to download it? I cant find it in modules nor inhttp://regenerateweb.net.

I posted a link in the comments here:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=777&com_id=14439&com_rootid=7420&com_mode=thread&#comment14439

Quote:

Also I would like to know if latest hack is compatible with XOOPS 2.0.10?

Well it's a hack to a module, doesn't change any core files, so I can't see why there would be a problem with 2.0.10, but I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure.

Good luck,

--Julian

asche
Re: Newbb Hack - only possibility to build "private forums"?
  • 2005/4/30 15:13

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

Hi jegelstaff,

I followed your link and read that newbb hack does not work with newbb 2.0.2?

Then I would like to know if the functionality of "private forums" is already incorporated in newbb 2.0.2.

regen_r8 told me to consider installing newbb 2.0.2. So I thought that it is possible to built "private forums" in newbb 2.0.2 as well. If that is not possible I have to install newbb hack again.

This is really confusing, maybe somebody can straigthen this out.

best regards asche

PS: Thanks jdseymour for the great tutorials describing "update procedure". What I didnot understand is, if I can do a fresh install with newbb 2.0.2 (or only update possible)?

jdseymour

You can do a fresh install of newbb 2.02 just like any other module.

HTH.

jegelstaff

I have not investigated newbb 2 fully, so I don't know if it includes a complete private forum system, or just the kind of private forums that newbb 1 originally had.

Sorry.

--Julian

Login

Who's Online

258 user(s) are online (182 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 257

Mamba,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!