solasaurus
User registration problems
  • 2005/5/2 10:58

• solasaurus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/13

First I want to let the XOOPS team know that a new XOOPS site hit the net yesterday: www.bswa.org. Thanks to the whole XOOPS community for creating such a great CMS.

We've already got close to 300 registered users

BUT

most of those who are registering can't log in.

These users fall into 2 categories. The first are the 150 users I migrated from our previous installation of phpbb2. I used the script phpBB2_XoopsBB_converter.sql kindly provided courtesy Randall Emery. It's a bit old but all seemed to migrate everything okay. I instucted old phpbb2 users to log in using old name and password, but they've been reporting that they can only go as far as their user profile page and no further.

The other group are the 100+ users that have signed up since the site migration yesterday and haven't received email confirmation. This is really strange because it's not effecting all users, but so far as I can tell it's effecting most users. The complaints have only just started rolling in.

I'm using "sendmail" as the mail delivery method and I have a working version of exim (which provides sendmail) installed on Debian Linux server. I've noticed that in the xoops_users table of MySQL most of the users don't have activation keys. But I'm guessing this is because they haven't received their confirmation emails.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Is there a db update query I can run that will activate all those who've registered but haven't confirmed yet?

thanks in advance;

christian
Re: User registration problems
  • 2005/5/2 11:26

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

Hi,

The migration script phpBB2_XoopsBB_converter.sql is uncomplete because the users are not add in users registered group.

You must execute this query :
insert into xoops_groups_users_link select 2,uid from xoops_users where uid not in (select uid from xoops_groups_users_link where groupid=2);

For activate the users inactives you can execute this query :

update xoops_users set level=1 where level=0;

Best regards

solasaurus
Re: User registration problems
  • 2005/5/2 12:39

• solasaurus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/13

Thanks Christian for your prompt and helpful reply.

update xoops_users set level=1 where level=0;

This seems to have worked. Thanks

insert into xoops_groups_users_link select 2,uid from xoops_users where uid not in (select uid from xoops_groups_users_link where groupid=2);

This query won't work.

I tried this:
select 2,uid from xoops_users where uid not in (select uid from xoops_groups_users_link where groupid=2);

and MySQL complains about a syntax error, which seems odd to me. Anyway, based on this advice I can see now what the nature of the problem is with the migrated users and I think I can fix it.

Thanks again; sol

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits