madcat62
Question about a Module - xRoster
  • 2005/5/1 23:50

• madcat62

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/20

I've got this xRoster module and I seem to be running into a problem with it. It somehow turns off the Right Blocks, but when using this module with the theme we have it causes the theme to mess up. Any ideas on how to hack this module to get it to show the Right blocks?

- mad.cat

goofman
xRoster - right blocks
  • 2005/5/11 14:20

• goofman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/11

would really be interesting to know!
maybe somebody could give me a short update on how to make this module more flexible. i just need the php-line to include the right blocks... i'll find out the rest by myself!
i've already contacted the webmaster of the developers homepage but i'm still waiting for a response.

i'll let u know if somebody can help me out

goofman
Re: xRoster - right blocks
  • 2005/5/11 15:43

• goofman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/11

well, it seems that i was able to find a way to get the right block back in the xRoster index.php!

if u open the xRoster index.php and got to line 45 u'll find this:

45: require(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/header.php');

i actually don't know why this line is here because the header.php file was already included at line 34...
to me it doesn't make much sense. so i comment this line out

45### by goofman - 20050511 17:00 ### require(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/header.php');

and *tata* there was the right block!

<b><i>if someone know what this line 45 was for exactly and why it disabled the right blocks please inform me!!!</i></b>

toddherrold

I don't know why it was there either, but commenting it out definitely solved the problem I also was having with the right blocks not showing up.

Thanks!

madcat62
  • 2006/2/5 22:29

• madcat62

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/20

Quote:

toddherrold wrote:
I don't know why it was there either, but commenting it out definitely solved the problem I also was having with the right blocks not showing up.

Thanks!

yeah I did the same and it worked for me... now I have a new problem. I upgraded to XOOPS 2.2.3a and now when I goto xRoster it's duplicating both the right and left sides, like there being loaded twice.

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits