jdseymour
Re: Newbb2 install problem

The delete option would only be there for a already cloned template set. I use a cloned set because I edit my templates to fit my needs. You cannot edit a default template, they are read only.

When you click on the "Update" icon by the Newbb module icon in System Admin - Modules, it builds your default template set. Try that again and see if it fixes the problem.

Zaphod
  • 2005/4/30 12:17

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

No change, still have the same garbage showing in the forum.

jdseymour

Do you happen to use ArMS 0.4 module? See this Thread.

Zaphod
  • 2005/4/30 13:04

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

I don't even know what that is, so I'd say no.

Playing with it a bit it look likes it can't find the header and footer info for the forum. If I create a forum the forum appears but the top and bottom of the block have the garbage. If I type into the search box and hit ENTER the search page comes up but with garbage at the top and bottom again and missing text and graphic on the search box.

Zaphod
  • 2005/4/30 14:53

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

I should probably say I'm using a Windows 2003 server with IIS 6.

I din't know if these help but when I turned on PHP debug and I get this error:

Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file F:\AusCps2.com\modules\newbb\index.php line 90

And if I turn on SQL/Block Debug I get these errors when going to the home page:

SELECT * FROM xoops_bb_forums ORDER BY forum_order
SELECT t.*, f.forum_name, f.allow_subject_prefix, p.post_id, p.icon, p.uid, p.poster_name, u.uname, u.name FROM xoops_bb_topics t, xoops_bb_forums f, xoops_bb_posts p LEFT JOIN xoops_users u ON u.uid = p.uid WHERE f.forum_id=t.forum_id AND t.forum_id IN () AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 AND t.topic_last_post_id=p.post_id ORDER BY t.topic_time DESC LIMIT 0, 10

Error number: 1064
Error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 AND t.topic_last_post_id=p.post_id ORDER' at line 1

SELECT t.*, f.forum_name, f.allow_subject_prefix, p.post_id, p.icon, p.uid, p.poster_name, u.uname, u.name FROM xoops_bb_topics t, xoops_bb_forums f, xoops_bb_posts p LEFT JOIN xoops_users u ON u.uid = p.uid WHERE f.forum_id=t.forum_id AND t.forum_id IN () AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 AND t.topic_last_post_id=p.post_id ORDER BY t.topic_views DESC LIMIT 0, 10

Error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 AND t.topic_last_post_id=p.post_id ORDER' at line 1

SELECT t.*, f.forum_name, f.allow_subject_prefix, p.post_id, p.icon, p.uid, p.poster_name, u.uname, u.name FROM xoops_bb_topics t, xoops_bb_forums f, xoops_bb_posts p LEFT JOIN xoops_users u ON u.uid = p.uid WHERE f.forum_id=t.forum_id AND t.forum_id IN () AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 AND t.topic_last_post_id=p.post_id ORDER BY t.topic_replies DESC LIMIT 0, 10

Zaphod
  • 2005/5/2 9:34

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

I assume that the lack of replys means we have run out of possible solutions. So I gave up and went back to the old forum. I'll try again in maybe 6 months when the new forum has been debugged a bit more. Thanks to JdSeymore for trying to help me.

Regards
Terry.

Zaphod
  • 2005/5/2 11:18

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

JdSeymore and I gave it one more go, Now it's working.
Jd cleared out the template_c folder.

Jd thanks for all your help.
Terry.

Login

Who's Online

102 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 102

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits