adium
Unable to remove modules
  • 2005/4/10 8:02

• adium

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/18

I tried installing this one module and it messed up my module menu. I can't remove these modules I have 4 of them now. Does anyone know how to remove them. When I click the uninstall icon it takes me to a blank page and does nothing. Here is a pic of what it looks like in my module menu.

Resized Image

jdseymour
Re: Unable to remove modules

Are the actual module folders still in your XOOPS module directory? If not, reupload them to the module directory and complete the uninstall. If they are, there then a manual uninstall in your database will be needed.

adium
  • 2005/4/11 4:21

• adium

• Just popping in

The directories still exist..., the two in the picture are the same module "frozen bubble". The module still remains and it shows up as not installed. How do I do a manual uninstall to my database?

jdseymour

Two questions first.

1. Is this the latest one with the XOOPS news item "Frozen Bubble".

2. I just downloaded the module to check. 1.3 MB, did you try to reupload, possible all files did not upload properly. Try to reupload first. Check with the author for a fix if possible. (I believe the author here is herve, and he is very helpful here.)

Uninstalling through the database is not the easiest thing to do. You must open the archive to get reference information.

Open the included SQL file in the modules archive in a text editor, then open the database in phpmyadmin, backup your database before any changes. Locate the listed tables and drop them.

Next open the "template" folder in the archive, this part I am not 100% sure how to do, but locate the references to the included templates in the newblocks table, and drop these references. You may need to do it in tpl source and tplfile tables too (not sure about this).

Then go to the modules table and drop the reference to the module there.

In conclusion it is best to contact the author and get his help in removal, as messing with the database can potentially destroy your site.

Maybe someone who has done this can enlighten on what I am not clear on.

adium
  • 2005/4/11 23:08

• adium

• Just popping in

It is the latest version of Frozen Bubble and I uploaded it twice and is doing the same thing. I install and it installs a blank module yet is still there ready to be installed. I don't even want to try to install it again cause I have enough broken modules that I can't uninstall now. Right now I just want the broken modules gone, I can live without this module its just annoying to have modules that I can't remove. But its not worth screwing up the entire site trying to remove them.

jdseymour

That is why I suggested two things to you.

1. Easiest - contact the developer for help resolving this. If it is a bug the developer would want to know to fix it.

2. Make a fresh site backup. That way if you make a mistake you can restore the backup. Best though if you are running a web site to have a test site so you can test operations on that site before doing it to your production site.

HTH.

adium
  • 2005/4/12 3:23

• adium

• Just popping in

Never thought about making a test site..., will give that a try.

Faron
  • 2005/4/29 7:44

• Faron

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/29

In case you haven't figured it out try using this out of the faq.

It never installed other tables for me but it did put one in xoops_modules. under
--
-- Dumping data for table `xoops_modules`
--

it added
INSERT INTO `xoops_modules` VALUES (13, '', 0, 1114753725, 1, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `xoops_modules` VALUES (14, '', 0, 1114753773, 1, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

basicly adding two blank spots. By deleting those lines it added, it took it off the module page. Hopefully this will help you out a bit. Make sure you make a backup first though

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits