2newbie
Newbb2 Forum Trouble
  • 2005/4/28 15:33

• 2newbie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/12

I just input my new categories and did system update. Went to forum everything looks good. Click on one of the forums and go back to main menu and the top portion of the forum where drop down menu is is all scrambled and doesnt work....categories are inline, just the top is messed up ???????? if i go back to system admin and refresh the sytem or forum module and go back its fine..any suggestions ? Have XOOPS 2.0.10 installed and newbb2 with dream_on theme.

Mithrandir
Re: Newbb2 Forum Trouble

Cache enabled for the module?

2newbie
  • 2005/4/28 15:41

• 2newbie

• Just popping in

system>general setting>cache......checked
enable cache in module config options....checked

Mithrandir

That means what? That it is enabled?

If you enable caching, the javascript file that controls the drop-down menu and category display etc. will not be included on cached pages and it will look bad.

Solution: Disable caching for this module (you can still leave it on for individual blocks from the module)

Long-term solution: In XOOPS 2.1.0 we will have a solution to this problem. Unfortunately, modules will have to be changed to take advantage of it, but it will be a very simple change.

With that said, you should note that the caching stores the output of the module content and therefore, if you enable caching and go to the module, what you see will be cached. The next time someone accesses the page, the cached version will be displayed - but this may lead to forums being displayed to a user, he should not see due to permissions, or the user will see edit and delete buttons where they shouldn't. Again, XOOPS 2.1.0 will have something that gives the module developers something to use to solve this problem.

2newbie
  • 2005/4/28 15:52

• 2newbie

• Just popping in

cache set ! ahhhh. i see. ok i will try that and see if it works. new to this php stuff, but anxious to learn.

....that seems to have solved the problem. thanks mithrandir

would you have any ideas about this ?

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35186&forum=1&post_id=152666#forumpost152666

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits