ali44
Xcgal and certain group access granting or 2 xcgal install?
  • 2005/4/28 6:10

• ali44

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/24

I created a 3rd group said y
but xcgal only differentiate b/w anonymous and registered users. Let's say I create a special category, I want to let only y group in but not anonymous and/or registered users; however, this can't be done in anyway (that I know)

I can solve this problem by install another set of xcgal, but ofcourse it said module existed.

Please help!

Many many thanks

RachelVirago
Re: Xcgal and certain group access granting or 2 xcgal install?

I assume you have gone to group manager and synchronised?

Apart from this as far as I know the album owner (or admin) has to set permisions gallery by gallery. Not great because the gallery icon for the "private" gallery still appears, just can't be accesed by the non priveleged group(s).

If installing a second instance of the gallery is your prefered route then you need to upload the second gallery (folder)named something else.

Not sure if you have to change any files in second instance but may look into it because I can think of a few uses for your idea (would maybe like anonymous to be able to have small galleries/upload pics although I would guess there would be security issues with that).

ali44
Re: Xcgal and certain group access granting or 2 xcgal install?
  • 2005/4/29 8:18

• ali44

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/24

Yeah, group permission will have that private problem you said. I want everyone, anonymous & registered to see thumbnails but only certain group see the whole picture

Changing the folder name of another to-be-installed xcgal wouldn't work because it keeps saying xcgal already existed. Maybe I have to change more than just the foler name.

Please help!

Login

Who's Online

559 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 559

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits