Genbushi
Admin Page Logo
  • 2005/4/26 17:35

• Genbushi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/24

Hey Xooper's!! Coming from a 'nuke' background, but boy I love this CMS. Very nice. I'm in the process of transferring a few sites over. Had a few dumb questions:

1. No problems working with the theme css & templates, but how do I change the logo for the admin pages also?? Figure I need to clone the 'default' template set & find it in there...just cannot find it.

2. Actually I forgot my 2nd question. But how is XOOPS in database efficiency. I haven't done much debugging\logging yet, but just curious how the design fairs overall in comparison to say phpNuke which is notoriously inefficient with its database use.

All the best.

VSW

xpider
Re: Admin Page Logo
  • 2005/4/26 17:38

• xpider

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/9 2

the admin is not connected to the theme and theme css it has it's own seperate.

Look in modules/system/admin

images for admin modules/system/images

Just saving you some time...

Oh Yes WELCOME TO XOOPS FROM ALL OF US =)

Genbushi
  • 2005/4/26 18:30

• Genbushi

• Just popping in

Quote:

xpider wrote:

Just saving you some time...

Oh Yes WELCOME TO XOOPS FROM ALL OF US =)

Awesome, thanks!!
Frankly, I'm a little bewildered... I've been using various nukes for awhile, have checked out Mambo which is the buzz-word of late, Drupal and a few others. They're all great projects, various strengths & weaknesses, but I've always found some glaring 'thing' keeping me from making it all work easily. But Xoops. WoW. It's has everything in place; solid core, modules, community, themes, etc. Why isn't it 'the craze'? Perplexed...

dilbert166
  • 2005/4/26 19:33

• dilbert166

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

Quote:

xpider wrote:
It's has everything in place; solid core, modules, community, themes, etc. Why isn't it 'the craze'? Perplexed...

welcome to the marvelous, yet strange world of XOOPS
my first thought was similar, when i first installed it about a year ago. and i still keep wondering, what keeps mambo so well respected. either i´m deaf, dumb and blind, or it´s a real bitch to admin.
as you said: XOOPS got everything where you´d expect it.

btw: did i say "thank you xoops-developers"?
THANK YOU XOOPS-DEVELOPERS

Genbushi
  • 2005/4/26 19:43

• Genbushi

• Just popping in

After deciding to move off of nuke-based systems for at least one of my sites, I've been testing Xoops, Mambo and Drupal. I like them all to be honest. But Mambo and Drupal both have some functionality missing I wanted and\or the integration of modules with the core was slightly lacking on certain things. But there's Xoops. It works, has a load of modules that actually work & the core is very well designed in my opinion.

I really don't get it. This is one sweet machine.

Thanks Devs!!

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits