DevlshOne
Re: Admin option gone from User Menu
  • 2005/4/22 16:59

• DevlshOne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/15

Server: Linux v2.4.29-grsec
Apache: 1.3.33
Modules installed: News, Fourms, Downloads, WebLinks, Contact Us, FAQ, Polls, Newsfeed, Members, and 4 others that I ported over from phpNuke. None of the distribution files have been hacked or modified.
PHP: v4.3.10
MySQL: v4.0.22-standard

This was a clean install with my phpnuke databases transported over by a few scripts that I wrote myself but have verified that all info within them is good. I have not had initial problems logging in, but have had the thing kick me out and force me to log back in until I turned sessions on.

I'll add the firewall question to the front page news requesting info on those that are having problems logging in and staying logged in. Most of my users use IE although I have successfully convinced alot of them to go to Firefox (1.02).

I reckon I should have heeded the "You have been warned!" statement but then I began reading about all the bugs that were in 2.0.9 and figured it was a toss-up. Old bugs or new bugs.

PHP Debug did not provide any additional info on the comment reply error.

*EDIT* A new twist on this. Users can now log-in fine and stay online but get kicked back to User Profile no matter where they try to navigate to.

DevlshOne
  • 2005/4/26 16:58

• DevlshOne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/15

Sorry for the double but EDIT option has vanished. I believe I have discovered and corrected the problem with the users getting kicked back to the Profile page.

When I ported my user db over from phpnuke, I completely ignored the groups_users_link table. If this table is not populated for EVERY UID, those that are not linked will return to their View Account page.

I've now updated the g_u_l table and I believe the problem has gone away.

Thanks!

stinger911
  • 2005/6/24 19:33

• stinger911

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/24

Quote:

kain wrote:
I've currently finished a custom upgrade (and very complicated) upgrade script from e-xoops 1.05rev3 custom to XOOPS 2, so I do a lot of testing.

Can you share this script o describe main concepts and troubles? Two years ago I'd start to use E-Xoops 1.05 Rev3. But I decide that the time to upgrade now.

I want to keep users information (logins, passwords, etc), discussions in the forum and content of two custom modules based on the 'news'. Is it really?

Thank you.

kain
  • 2005/6/25 9:38

• kain

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/9 9

Quote:

stinger911 wrote:
Quote:

kain wrote:
I've currently finished a custom upgrade (and very complicated) upgrade script from e-xoops 1.05rev3 custom to XOOPS 2, so I do a lot of testing.

Can you share this script o describe main concepts and troubles? Two years ago I'd start to use E-Xoops 1.05 Rev3. But I decide that the time to upgrade now.

I want to keep users information (logins, passwords, etc), discussions in the forum and content of two custom modules based on the 'news'. Is it really?

Thank you.

guys, please be very aware in using this script, as it is intended to run only on our website, maybe you can found it useful for your needs.
please, again, read README.txt carefully.
download link for e-xoops 1.05rev3 to xoops2 converter:
http://www.kuht.it/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=582
kain
GNU/Linux Trainer & PHP Coder

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits