illutic
Theme is stretching out when viewing user details
  • 2005/4/21 20:13

• illutic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/14

[edit]

This topic is not about the theme I have currently online, this is about a theme I am making for when I switch hosts within a few months.

So, I don't need any feedback on the theme that's online know.

(23:59 2005/4/21 the Netherlands)
[/edit]

I've been making and testing XOOPS themes on my computer (installed phpdev - server - to make sure every tiny detail works) and now I've been having this problem:

I'm making a theme for my website which isn't the 100% width as the default theme and now when I view the user details or go to the edituser.php, the layout gets stretched.
I know it's partially because of the Time-zone select box, but I've found the page where I can change the names of the timezones, but even after deleting all area names/countries from timezone.php, the layout is stretched.

Then I realized that the signature and extra info textarea are the other reasing of the stretching, but I can't find a way to change the size of those textarea's....

Does anyone know how to alter the textarea cols and rows????

tjnemez
Re: Theme is stretching out when viewing user details
  • 2005/4/21 20:22

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

you could always edit the userinfo template. at 800x600 you have some issues with theme both in firefox and ie6

tripmon
  • 2005/4/21 20:34

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

It looks to me like the issue may be with the main theme table. But you could be working on it now...
<table width="1003"

is an odd width setting...

illutic
  • 2005/4/21 22:02

• illutic

• Just popping in

well, the main theme table is 901 pixels (i made it in photoshop and sliced it) and I've given the table the id 'main' which is defined in the style.css
When there are no textareas the layout doesn't get stretched, but the textarea on the edituser.php (signature) looks like this:

rea id='user_sig' name='user_sig' onselect="xoopsSavePosition('user_sig');" onclick="xoopsSavePosition('user_sig');" onkeyup="xoopsSavePosition('user_sig');" cols='50' rows='5'></textarea>

so, it should get the cols and rows from somewhere, right??

Quote:
you could always edit the userinfo template. at 800x600 you have some issues with theme both in firefox and ie6

I always have 1024x768 on my computer...

tripmon
  • 2005/4/21 22:22

• tripmon

• Module Developer

If you switch the theme to a default XOOPS core theme and don't change anything else what does the first table tag reveal when you view the source of the served page?

current:
<table width="1003" height="561" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="main" align="left">

if it changes from this, the problem is with the theme.html file.

Internet explorer seems to be making some compensation on your index page(http://www.illutic.nl/modules/news/), but if you look at it with FireFox (which actually adheres to standards) it's all hucked up even on the index.

illutic
  • 2005/4/21 22:33

• illutic

• Just popping in

Well, it's not the theme I've got online... because my website seems to be quite popular (yay ) and I don't want to annoy the visitors with changing and stretching things all the time....

That's why I installed phpdev, a server, on my computer, so I can test everything offline (the first server I could find on the net that supports php without difficult things to do first).

So, the theme I'm talking about can't be viewed online....

btw, this is the first table tag of the theme I'm talking about:

<table id="main" width="901" height="501" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

So, the width of the table is correct.... but the textareas cause it to stretch.. All the normal text gets wrapped into the centercolumn/tablecell, but the textareas don't adjust themselves to the width of the table.

tjnemez
  • 2005/4/21 22:33

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

your images are repeating

tripmon
  • 2005/4/21 22:36

• tripmon

• Module Developer

The theme you have ONLINE NOW is a mess in firefox.

illutic
  • 2005/4/21 22:46

• illutic

• Just popping in

Quote:
your images are repeating

and

Quote:
The theme you have ONLINE NOW is a mess in firefox.

Thank you for the comments, I used to have firefox too, but because my boyfriend took our computers a part and made 1 out of it, I haven't got it anymore. I am still planning on installing it again, and it's nice to know that my theme that's online now is a mess in firefox, so I can keep that in mind for the theme I am working on right now.

--------------------------------------------

[edit]

Quote:

I suddenly realized that you weren't talking about the theme.html.... *feels embaressed*

Where can I find this userinfo template??

[/edit]

tripmon
  • 2005/4/22 0:03

• tripmon

• Module Developer

LOL,

hope you didn't take my comments wrong, it's just that I initially viewed the site in FF and thought what I was looking at was what you were talking about.

No disrespect intended, the theme looks good in ie.

The template he was referring to is in :
modules/system/templates/system_userinfo.html

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits