xb00t
I need a SQL query for user groups
  • 2005/4/19 21:31

• xb00t

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

I am new at SQL so all help is appriciated.

History:
I imported the users from my site into another installation of xoops. Both 2.0.9.2. Everything went smooth.

Problem:
None of my users has a group. None of them are either regitered or webmasters. I can't add them from System -> Groups because there is no "Not in the group" list at the bottom.

Resized Image

Question:
Can someone please help me do an SQL query that will create a new entry for 278 rows (up to my last user) in the table xoops_users_link* and input the following data into the following fields:

linkid 1 to 278 (++ for every row)
groupid (always)
uid 1 to 278 (++ for every row)

*that is the table that I need, right?

xb00t
Re: I need a SQL query for user groups
  • 2005/4/19 22:14

• xb00t

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

Never mind, I did it myself.

Close please.

brash
Re: I need a SQL query for user groups
  • 2005/4/19 23:38

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Glad to see you got it sorted out so quickly. I had the very same trouble in that after importing users none of them were members of any groups, and as there is no "Not in the group" function I couldn't see or do anything to correct this from the XOOPS group managemen admin. What made it worse for me was that I was merging to XOOPS sites, not just migrating. I had to get a script written that merged the two XOOPS sites as well as another one that ensured membership to at least the Registered Members group. Lucky I didn't have a complex group structure. I think some work is planned for the group admin functionality in XOOPS 2.1

Login

Who's Online

457 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 457

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits